94.pea

***A/N- THIS IS A FEW HOURS BEFORE!!!! THIS CHAPTER IS WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE PEARL MEETS WITH WOLF. THE OTHER HALF OF THE CHAPTER STARTS IN ITALIC LETTERS***

KAT'S POV

Gian grabs a load of my bloody hair and starts pulling me out of the wrecked SUV.

I scream in pain as my sore body is dragged down the scorching asphalt.

"Let fucking go of me!!!" I yell at him, managing to dig my nails dip into his arm and scratch him.

He hisses in pain, letting go of my hair, "PUTTANA!"

I desperately try to crawl away, but I'm in so much pain I can barely move. He catches up to me, turning me to face him and slapping me with the back of his hand.

"Just like your fucking mother!" He barks at me, connecting his knee to my nose afterwards.

I fall backwards. The hot sun on my face feels like it's almost boiling the blood that's running down my lips and chin as I lay on the ground.

There's no sound. Only deep, torturing silence.

How can my own father do all of this to me?

I close my eyes. I want to fall asleep so badly...

Is it all really worth fighting for?

"Russo!" I hear Gian bark out of breath, "Come get her!"

That name jolts me awake.

Russo? He's alive. I slowly crane my head to the direction Gian is yelling at. And there's a blurry, limp Russo, carrying Wolf's body over his shoulder.

"Wolf." I call out in a whisper, dozing in and out of consciousness.

I hear multiple tires screeching, Gian's men must've gotten here.

A car door opens and closes loudly, heels clack against the ground.

"Is he dead?" I suddenly hear a woman ask, but I can't see anyone and it doesn't sound like Victoria.

Who is she?

"Fuck," I hear the woman complain under her breath.

"Pearl, Gian specifically said he wanted Wolf alive. I'm sure he wants to end him himself," Russo snaps at her.

My heart speeds up.

Am I imagining this? O

Stunned— that's the only word that could describe me right now.

It's Pearl Carter. Wolf's Pearl.

She's alive....

And she wants Wolf dead?

My eyelids feel like heavy bricks, but I can't lose consciousness, I can't lose sight of Wolf, especially not now, because why the hell is Pearl this calm around Russo and Gian? I thought she'd be traumatized or something, but she's walking around in heels, complaining that Wolf's breathing.

Through the thin slits of my eyes I see Russo putting Wolf on the back seat of one of the three, white SUVs that just arrived. Then he faces a woman in a black suit and red heels. Long, red curls fall down her back.

I close my eyes and play unconscious when Gian comes into view, heading towards Pearl and Russo.

"Help me fucking tie him," Pearl orders Russo in a clipped tone.

"Fucking do it yourself," Russo tells her in a low grunt, "I'm getting tired of you ordering me around."

Pearl laughs mockingly, "But it's only been a couple of days. I thought you missed me."