14.the vigilante

I stand up on my feet, emerging from under the water at the same time that Wolf does. I run both hands over my face, "Wolf, what the—"

My mouth automatically shuts close when I notice the way the moonlight shines on his sculpted abs and faultless features, including the outline of his large manhood which was clear as day in his Tom Ford briefs.

He runs both hands through his hair to push it back from his eyes and looks at me. "Do you feel any calmer?" He asks over the sound of the waves, a large grin plastered on his beautiful face. His voice as smooth as the ocean's rhythm.

I open my mouth, but close it again, my brain turning into a pile of shit.

Come on, Kat, get your shit together and answer his question.

I shake my head, "No, no I don't, Wolf." I feel so many fucking things, but calm isn't one of them. How the hell can I feel calm with him staring at me that way... looking that way.

His eyes study mine, his face turning serious, "I haven't stopped thinking about you."

I catch my breath, unsure if I heard him correctly. "No, no, no, no, no. I don't want to hear it. I'm drunk and I'm... Oh god, I can't have this conversation with you. Not when I know what you do... not when you're a stranger whom I've just met," I shake my head, "This is crazy. I, I have to go—" I take a few steps towards shore but he quickly blocks my path with his muscular body.
I tilt my head up to look at him, "What do you want?"

"You," he whispers with no hesitation, cupping my cheeks with his large hands, "I want all of you, Katarina."

I close my eyes for a second, processing his words, "No. You can't... I can't," I shake my head, "The things you do, Wolf..."

"I'm not an evil person," he states, clenching his jaw.

"I don't know —-"

He gently grabs my face and runs his thumb across my full lips, shushing me. They leave a trail of fire that awakens something in me that has been asleep for too long. Something I can't tame or control, something much more powerful than the both of us. I swear I can hear our hearts beating in unison, louder than the winds and waves surrounding us. I feel lightheaded as he slowly starts leaning down towards my lips. His mouth is so close to my own that I can smell the expensive whiskey on his tongue with a mixture of mint and salt water that sends me down a spiral of pure lust and desire.

His nose trails down mine, tenderly caressing it. We breathe the same air, slowly taking each other in, knowing that nothing else matters right now, just the present, us and this untamable fire. He locks his intense gaze with mine as one of his hands leaves my face. With it he grabs the length of my hair and twists it around his fist, tugging firmly on it. He licks and kisses my neck, and at the same time he strokes my sensitive breasts with his free hand.

I close my eyes and moan, "Don't stop this time, Cillian."

My body goes rigid for a second as I realize what I've just called him by. I could tell he didn't like being called by his birth name by the way he reacted when Franco did.

"I'm sorry..." I say through soft pants, even though his tongue and lips haven't stopped caressing my skin, "I shouldn't have called you by—"

"Shhh," he groans as he drags his teeth down my neck and towards my breasts. When he reaches them he flicks his tongue around my pebbled nipple a few times before sucking and licking it, making me writhe in pleasure.

He tugs on my hair harder, "Say my name again," he orders, standing up straight and pushing his hardness and wet body against mine.

"Cillian," I moan under my breath.

"Katarina," he murmurs in his sexy, husky accent, driving me to the edge as he softly bites my neck.

I stand on my tiptoes and snake my arms around his neck and then my legs around his waist, "Fuck me," I plead.

He instantly presses his desperate lips against mine, his tongue not wasting any more time as it massages my own in a perfect synchronization. His mouth is fiery and demanding just like his hands, which are desperately wandering around my bare back and ass.

I wanted more, all. It had been so long since I had been kissed like this, with so much passion and hunger that I felt like I could lit on fire any minute now.

He softly pulls away, snaking his hand behind my neck and pressing his forehead against mine. Our breaths are heavy and I know we've both experienced something neither of us had before. The way our lips connected was simply magical.

"Something tells me our demons could play fairly well together," he says in a low voice that sends electricity down my spine.

I place my hand flat on his chest, wanting to feel his heartbeat, but instead I feel little crevices. I knit my eyebrows together as I unwrap my legs from around him and place my feet back in the water. I look down at his torso. I couldn't see too well because it was quite dark, but as I run my fingers across his chest I don't feel only one, but various bullet scars.

"What happened, Wolf?" I ask quietly.

His whole body tenses and I know I've ruined the moment as he grabs my wrist tightly. The calming sound of the waves crashing has suddenly turned annoying and maddening.

He exhales harshly, avoiding eye contact, "I have to go." He says in a cold voice, letting go of me and striding towards the shore.

"Wait, Wolf!" I follow him, "You're doing it again? Pulling away so abruptly! One minute you want to and the next it's like you're disgusted by me! Angry with me for no reason! Why?!" I ask completely irritated by now. "I'm the one who should be disgusted by you! You're a—-"

He turns around to face me, his jaw twitching and his eyes burning with rage, "Don't fucking say it, Katarina, cause I can't bear hearing it again!"

I feel my stomach knot at his words, the hurt flashing like lightning in his colorful eyes. How could I judge him when I wasn't perfect myself; when I've done so many fucked up things in this life and I didn't really know him at all.

When I don't say anything he starts getting dressed, "I have some business to take care of."

I scoff in disbelief, "Now? What are you going to do? Are you going to go kill Franco's son-in-law?" I ask in an incredulous voice. "Don't do it, Wolf. You have to stop playing God." I yell at him. "They can call the fucking police—"

"They don't give a fuck, Katarina!" He yells back at me, buttoning up his shirt.

I start putting my dress up, struggling as I hastily pull the fabric up my wet body.

"He'll end up killing her. I have to do something about it!" He snaps, walking towards me, already completely dressed.

"You're not a goddamn vigilante, Wolf!" I groan in frustration. "You're not invincible, you might get hurt." I tell him in a lower tone.

"Turn around." He coldly orders and I automatically obey.

"Don't go, stay." I beg in a low whisper as he pulls the zipper of my dress up.

Stop begging, Kat...

It's the goddamn alcohol!

"I'll see you soon, Katarina." He says impassively, walking past me and disappearing up the stairs.

*Searching for steamy songs for this novel (cause I'm tired of The Weekend lol), I would love some song suggestions <3 so don't be shy!