88.victoria lopez

VICTORIA'S POV

Dios mío! Where the hell is Evan? I sent him a few minutes ago to go get something to help me unlock the bathroom's door. Kat locked herself in there the minute Wolf left and I won't deny that I'm worried she'll try to hurt herself again. Not because of him but because of finding out what Gian, her own father, did to her. She's been through so much already, but it was time she found out the truth. Her father is close and even though his eyes are on Wolf, I know he might hurt Kat just to get a reaction from him...

My heart races as I say a small prayer in my head. I can't let him hurt Kat again. The thought of her disappearing like Pearl and I not knowing where she is, or if she's alive or dead, knots my stomach. I know the Carters and the agony they carry with them ever since what happened to Pearl, and it's heartbreaking. That's why we have to kill Gian as soon as possible. He already made his first move towards her at Cefalu, and I don't even want to imagine what he would've done to Kat if Wolf, whom I truly dislike, hadn't gotten to her on time when she had her panic attack. Jesus, I told Evan he should've hidden closer to her to keep an eye out. He's useless, Dios mío.

"Kat, por favor, open the door," I beg her, knocking on the bathroom's door for the millionth time. "Don't make me kick this door down with my Moschinos and wake everybody up."

Silence. Kat knows that's something I would never do, especially with my Moschinos.

I quietly sigh in defeat, "Ok. I'll admit this maybe wasn't the best way to tell you what's really going on— nor the moment— but Evan and I really needed to talk to you." I frown, allowing myself to be vulnerable since she can't see me, "I couldn't let you leave with Wolf. You barely knew him and he's not who you thought he was."

"Neither are you," Kat say in a barely audible voice across the bathroom's locked door, "Nor Evan, Gian,— Alexandra— did you know about her and Judge Ellison covering all the sexual assaults caused by Ashton? You're here talking all this shit when you've been fucking a man who's just like my fucking asshole of a father."

I swallow hard, shocked. Did I hear her correctly?

"Kat—" I knock on the door once, louder and harder, "What did you say about Alexandra and Judge Ellison?"
More sexual assaults?

She abruptly opens the door, anger written all over her face.

Our faces barely inches apart from each other.

"Ashton did not only get Eva and Bella killed and tried to abuse me—" her face twists into a scowl, "There are many more innocent women he hurt. He admitted it himself before I shot him, and he even wrote a letter confessing to everything."

Her scowl slowly shifts into a smirk as she crosses her arms over her chest. Part of her is enjoying this.

"It'll be on every media tomorrow. That means that it'll be a very long day for you, Victoria. He was your dear husband after all."

I shake my head in denial, taking a few steps back.

"Fuck!" I suddenly spit out furiously, "Fuck! Maldito cabrón! Hijo de su puta madre! Imbecil!"

"He was having sex with Eva," she adds hesitantly in a  lower tone that's full of hate.

My brain crashes in befuddlement. I'm appalled. Eva? She was like a daughter to me. And, Gian's biological daughter. Not that I could ever tell that to Kat. There's no way she would accept that the young, teenage girl that died in the car crash along with her daughter wasn't just a babysitter or friend of the family— but her very own half-sister.

I still remember like if it was yesterday when Eva's mother, an Albanian prostitute with blonde hair, deep blue eyes and Barbie legs, knocked on my door. Jesus, he sure liked to play with his "dolls". I hadn't seen Gian for years and I feared him, plus I knew I was not a good mother so I instantly told her I couldn't keep her. She begged me, told me that Gian would kill her and Eva if he found them and that she had been hiding from him for months, but could feel he was closing in on them. It didn't take long for me to believe her because I knew what a monster Gian was. So I kept Eva right that instant— and that same night her mother's body was found in a dumpster. She had been raped and shot in the head— and they would've done the same to Eva. A few months later when Kat was kicked from boarding school, came back home and saw Eva, she didn't even ask and just welcomed her into the family, never questioning my decision of bringing a stranger home.