3.figlio di puttana

After what seems like an eternity, we're finally half way to Palermo Airport. Evan dropped us right on time at JFK and Mr.Laurent's private jet was running and ready to go. The second I arrived I doubled checked that my Ducati was in the private garage the luxurious jet had before departing. I loved that damn motorcycle, it gave me bitter sweet memories that I couldn't get rid off as much as I wanted. Evan's the only one allowed to ride it and that's because he's the only person I trust with my life. He used to work for my mother since she was young, but her former, 22 year-old boyfriend, Ashton Miles, got jealous and forced my mother to fire him. That's when I decided to rehire him. I didn't blame Ashton for being such a dick, Evan Ramirez was everything he would never be: a gentleman, extremely handsome, hard-working and smart, the complete opposite of him. Deep down I knew my mother had feelings for Evan too, but she could never tolerate the thought of people talking behind her back about how she's dating the bodyguard and not some rich, young, shitty actor like dear Ashton.

Most of the flight consisted of drawing sketches of what I expected my fall collection to be, Alexandra complaining because the wifi wasn't working properly and she couldn't text with Carl, her married "boyfriend", and Emily excusing herself constantly to go masturbate in the master bedroom to ease her anxiety. Nothing new. This was actually how it was every time we traveled together. On the other hand, I couldn't wait to see Sophia. We were all close, but she and I had a special bond. I don't know if it was because we were both introverts or because we both knew that deep, piercing feeling of losing various loved ones in a short period of time, that excruciating feeling of being lonely. Whatever it was, I felt like she understood me the most. And a part of me was happy that she'd found Mateo, she deserved happiness more than anyone I knew, but the other part was hurting, because she'd be moving to Italy soon and we'd be so far apart.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Kat... Katarina... wake up. We're here," a distant voice whispers, following with a shake of my shoulder.

My eyes flutter open, "Hmmm?" I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep sometime during the flight.

"We're here." Alexandra repeats, her face still glowy and fresh after all these hours flying, "You fell asleep for 15 minutes."

Ugh. Of course we did, my subconscious mumbles, carrying one large cup of coffee on each hand and dark circles under her brown eyes.

"Are you going to drive your motorcycle to the Coppola's Estate?" She asks, eyeing me worriedly. "Why don't you let one of their drivers —"

"No," I blurt out, rubbing my eyes and glancing at the dark, starry night through my window. I could feel the darkness calling me and an overwhelming adrenaline zapping down my spine, "I'll drive it myself and meet you guys there."

She frowns, "Fine."

I give her a wary smile as a thank you and she kisses my forehead, heading to the jet's exit. I know she's only trying to protect me, but there was no way in hell I was going to let a stranger drive my bike. And, I was aching to do something to feel alive, reckless. My veins were begging for a fight, so hopefully I'd receive a text message soon of a time and location.

After stretching my sore body I stand up from my seat, picking up my pencils and drawing pad to put away in my duffel bag. I glance at my watch, it was 11:00 pm, but 6:00 pm back home. That meant I could go for a little spin before getting to the Coppola's Estate. I could visit my favorite beach in Cefalú, which is about an hour away from here. Not that the girls would like the idea of me being all alone at these hours of the night, but I needed it.

As I descend the airstairs I notice my motorcycle is already parked out front. A white Escalade sent by the Coppolas is waiting by its side for Emily and Alexandra; all our belongings already neatly organized in the trunk.
A tall man with a blonde, groomed mustache, whom I recognize as the Coppola's personal chauffeur, Pablo, helps me with my bag, also placing it in the trunk.