7.the audacity

I'm still on my hands and knees, my head hanging as I groan and wither in pain. Where the hell did this woman come from? Never in my life had I been so mistreated by a female and I think I'm into it. Fucking hell, I feel like my fucking balls are going to explode. I'll make sure she pays for that.

I lift my head to stare out to the terrace, where Katarina ran to. It has gotten slightly dark outside and the heavy rain doesn't help my sight. Not that I was in a hurry to get to her; the only thing back there is the ocean and my keyless speedboat. There was no escape for her, unless of course she threw herself into the water. Fuck. I grunt in pain one last time and force my body to stand up, hurrying after Katarina. When I get outside she's standing on the edge of the wooden terrace, her face full of doubt as she looks back and forth between the raging ocean and grayish sky.

I had read in one of the newspaper clips that the accident where her daughter died happened on a rainy night in February, and as if that wasn't enough, it started snowing heavily afterwards also. Maybe fear will stop her from plunging in.

"Katarina!" I shout at her over the loud sound of droplets splashing against the wood beneath us.

She snaps her head towards my voice, her hair is clinging to the side of her face and down to her ass like a black curtain. Thunder rumbles and she flicks her attention back to the sky and then back at me.

I furiously stride towards her.

"Don't come fucking near me!" She hisses at me, pure rage crossing her features.

"I've always liked a challenge," I smirk at her, ignoring her command. Once I'm close enough she takes various, quick steps forward and throws me a punch. I raise my forearm inside her oncoming arm, blocking it from hitting my nose. She grunts in anger and frustration, swiftly throwing me another one that I dodge by stepping to the side. That pisses her even more, and suddenly she hurries towards me, spins and jumps, throwing me a tornado kick that would've landed on the side of my neck if I wouldn't have grasped her long leg and shoved her back. She stumbles backwards, but regains her balance quickly, her glare turning me into ashes.

"Stop it, Katarina!" What is she? A fucking ninja?

"I said, my name is KAT!" She shouts at me, placing her palms on my chest and pushing me with all her strenght. "Fight me, you coward! You fucking murdered a man right in front of me and kidnapped me afterwards," she pushes me harder this time, "Didn't you fucking drag and toss me like a rag doll all over the beach? A little fighting won't make things any worst, love!"

The moment she's going to push me again, I grab her wrists tightly with one hand, snake the other around her thighs, lifting her and tossing her over my shoulder. She throws kicks and punches my back, insulting me mostly in Spanish. Is there anything this woman does that doesn't make me hard?

I step back into my room and throw her on my bed.

"I fucking hate you," she grabs a pillow and tosses it at me, hitting my face, "You almost killed me twice and then you have the audacity to kiss me!" She yells, crawling out of the bed, grabbing the lamp from the nightstand next to it and slamming it against the floor. "You disgusting psycho, son of a bitch!"

I growl, clenching my fists, What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Katarina starts breaking everything she finds in her way and I decide to quietly observe her until her tantrum is over.

That is definitely Gian's temper.

I sit on the bed's edge and light one of her cigarettes, placing my elbows on my knees and leaning forward. Might as well get comfortable.