84.drunk talk

WOLF'S POV

I've finally reached the Coppola's front gate. The bottle in my hand is already empty, just like the feeling in my stomach. You know, that feeling you get along with fucking anxiety; the one were you're expecting something bad to happen but you have no choice but to wait until whatever thing that's suppose to happen happens and it eats you up alive in the meantime. Like it's doing to me right now, but I have no choice, I think it's time to tell her the truth.

Fuck, I'm in love. I'm in love with the least person I should be in love with— and drunk, fuck me, too drunk to be here, but I had something to give to Katarina before all hell broke loose once again.

I stagger to the back of the Coppola's mansion where Katarina's room is located at on the second floor. I didn't want anybody to know I was here, especially not Mateo and Sophia. They're getting married tomorrow, and I'm sure they're tired of seeing my face since most of the times it comes along with bad news or trouble.

I stare up at the second floor, swaying a little. If I carefully climbed the orchard wall I could reach her balcony.

Or you can just knock...

No, I want to be... romantic?

Or a stalker.

"Fuck it," I chuckle with a shrug, "She already knows I'm a stalker." I leave the empty bottle on the grass and start climbing the wall, reaching the balcony after what feels like an eternity.

I silently gawk at Katarina from afar. She's working on Sophia's wedding dress, carefully examining the bodice and sewing here and there. She's concentrated. Her long, black hair twisted up in a hair clip and wearing an oversized, Yankees shirt. Her face is lightly bruised on some parts and there are some dark contusions on her legs, but fuck, she'll always be the most beautiful human being my eyes have ever seen. She always takes my fucking breath away. Now how the fuck will I explain that to Pearl if I find her alive? How the fuck will I tell her that I fell in love with the daughter of our worst enemy, all while she's living hell with Gian...

My stomach churns and for a second I feel sick to my core. I don't know if I'm feeling disgusted at myself or all the vodka I've drank, but the fucking feeling is there. Shit. I remember the last time I got this drunk, it was when I killed for the first time. Now I'm this drunk because I'm in love... for the first time... with someone just as fucked up as me. Flashbacks of Katarina stabbing to death her opponent at Balistrate and shooting Ashton fog my already blurred up thoughts. I didn't want to think about those specific moments because I could feel them starting to hunt me. Goddamnit, look what I've done, whom I've turned Katarina into.

You haven't turned her into anyone. She's Gian's daughter, it's her destiny, her blood.

No, she wouldn't have done any of this if she hadn't met me. I knew all the shit she'd been through and I still dragged her even deeper into this fucking hell. That's why I have to keep her close, protect her. She doesn't have to necessarily find out anything about me killing her father, I'll just tell her I'll be back in New York on Sunday after I finish some business here, and that we should try to work things out. We can have a normal life...

Along with Pearl if she's alive?  Along with the blood of her father in YOUR hands? Weren't you going to turn yourself in afterwards? You have no future with her, she'll find out about everything and hate your fucking guts...

No, no, shut the fuck up.

I turn my full attention back to Katarina, whose shirt lifts a little with every movement she makes, showing off her butt cheeks...

And now my cock is hard. Fuck.

Why the hell didn't I fuck her earlier today? I had her all to myself, I could've fucked her in the ocean or while we rode the jetski— yeah, that would've been fucking amazing. And all while Richard was deep asleep, what a stupid fucker...