5 O'Clock Confessions

Vivian's POV

I love my dad. He volunteered to take care of Aera for the night, giving me the night off the relax. I needed this.

I've been stressed for a while. Jongin and I aren't speaking, Aera has been extra needy, and Josh has been extra preoccupied with his music.

I'm laying on my couch in the living room, just staring at the ceiling. I quickly grab my phone to check the time, but it slips out of my hand and falls onto my nose.

"Fuck." I groaned and rubbed my nose.

I check the time. 4:32PM. I'm waiting for 5PM. By then, my food should be here and a friend would be coming over soon.

5 o'clock can't come soon enough.

I started to doze off as the golden pink hue of the sunset started to pour through the windows.

A little while later.

I wake up to banging at my door. I quickly run over to answer and it's the takeout delivery guy.

"Yujin?" He asks.

"That's me." I smile. I never use my English name when ordering stuff. I like just being Yujin.

"Here you go." He smiled back and handed me a giant bag of food.

"Thank you. Have a good night." I waved goodbye as he started to leave.

"You too." He nodded and hopped back into his car, and drove away.

I walked into my kitchen and started to unpack when there was another knocking at my door. I smile, knowing who it is.

I run to the door, with the 4 dogs following close behind. I opened the door to see the face of one of my dearest friends.

"Sana!" I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Hi Vivian." She responded and hugged me back. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting."

"Not at all, the food just got here." I smiled and led her to the kitchen. "Make yourself at home."

"Your house is so big... and... quiet." She said in awe.

I knew what she meant. This house is meant for a family of 5. But for the last bit its just been me, Aera, and the dogs. Ever since Jongin left, it's been a lot more quiet. Except when Aera has a fit.

"Yeah, but on the bright side, my migraines have died down." I smiled, trying to change the topic.

"That's great. So," Sana sat down at the island. "How's life?"

I chuckled.

"Sana, we've literally been talking everyday. There's literally nothing new." I grabbed a few plates and bowls down from the cupboard.

"I know, but I just want to double check on you." She leaned on her hand.

"I'm glad that you care, I'm fine. Don't worry." I grabbed her other hand.

But that's only half true. I'm not okay. I miss my husband, but I don't know if he misses me. I don't think he does. But I'm getting better. I've started to speak to older friends and I've started spending more time to myself. I even filmed a video for an old song that I recorded just before Aera was born. I also learned something new about myself as well.

About fucking time.

"Vivian." Sana said sternly.

"What?"

"Don't lie to me."

"What do you mean?" I bit my lip.

"Something's off. There's something you're not telling me." She leaned forward.

"Its nothing." I shrugged and grabbed utensils.

"So there is something." She had her little 'aha' moment.

"What do you want to know?" I turn back to her. "The fact that I'm lonely? Or that I'm not sure if I'm okay? Or that I think I'm developing feelings for my married best friend while I'm also married? Or that I think I also like women--" I cut myself off.

"Viv?" Sana's eyes widen. "What did you just say?"

"I think I may have a tiny crush on Josh. But it's nothing." I turned away.

"No. What you said after that." She stood up.

"I..." I took a breath.

"Vivian?"

"I think I'm bisexual."