Unfortunate Incident

*TRIGGER WARNING: INCLUDES SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND ASSAULT*
Read at your own discretion.

Jongin's POV

I dried off Aera after finishing bath time and drained out the tub. I carried her out of the bathroom to her room. She was slowly falling asleep in my arms as I rocked her slowly. She's growing up so fast. She's already 8 months old.

As soon as she's asleep, I lay her down in her crib and head out to the living room.

I sat on the couch and adjusted my pillow and blanket. I've been staying with Vivian and Aera the past few nights, but in order to respect Vivian, I sleep on the couch.

We were on talking terms, things are still a little awkward right now, but they're getting better. I still love her with all my heart. I want to be with her, and only her. But I don't want to stand in the way of her happiness.

As I laid down and turned on the TV, I hear a car door shut and lock. I look towards the front door and see Vivian come in, trying to be as quiet as possible.

I turned back to the TV and let her be. She took off her shoes and headed to our--her room. My eyelids started to get heavy, but I hear soft footsteps in the kitchen.

I sit up and see Vivian looking in the fridge, with pitas bread slices in her hand.

"Do we have any spinach dip? Or did you eat it?" She turned to face me, visibly tired.

"You know I don't eat that stuff often." I responded.

"Did you move it then? I left on the top shelf." She turned back to the fridge.

"I threw it out. It expired." I laid back down.

I heard the fridge close and the bag of bread being thrown onto the counter. I picked up my phone as I heard keys jangling.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To get spinach dip." Vivian threw on a sweater.

"Its 9:47. The stores close soon." I got up off the couch.

"The one down the street doesn't close til 11." She grabbed her mask and baseball cap.

"Its dark out. You're not going alone." I walked to the door and started putting on my shoes.

"Someone needs to stay and listen for Aera." She protested.

"She'll be fine for 10 minutes. C'mon, I'll drive." I took the keys from her hand. I don't like her going out late at night. It makes me worry for her, who knows what or who's out there?

I walked out before she could say a word.

Vivian's POV

I sighed and closed the door behind me. Why is like this? It's annoying but cute at the same time.

I walked to the car and sat in the passenger seat. I buckled in and we drove to the small grocery store down the road. When I say 'down the road' that's about 5 blocks. Still the same street though.

The ride was silent, but not an awkward silence. A comfortable and safe silence. We're on better terms now but I don't know if we should start back up again yet. Maybe soon, but not yet.

We pulled into the parking lot and I unbuckled my seatbelts and Jongin did the same. I looked at him questioningly.

"You didn't think I'd let you go in alone, did you?" He smiled warmly. That smile. That damn smile.

I just grinned and got out of the car. I readjusted my mask and cap before heading in. Even though it's late, sometimes this store can be busy. Anonymity is a thing many people take for granted.