Perfect

Vivian's POV

Welcome to my life. Its August 1st. The greatest and busiest day of my life.

Its Aera's first birthday, and Red Velvet's 7th anniversary. Wow.

I woke up and immediately got ready. I don't need to be with the girls till 8pm, and it's currently 9am. So I get to spend all day with my baby.

Speaking of baby, as I finished putting my hair up, I hear a knock on the door. I turned around to see Aera standing with the help of her father, with the biggest smile on her face.

"Is that the birthday girl?" I smiled and kneeled down to Aera's level.

She giggled and let go of Jongin to hug me.

"She's been up since 8, but you were really tired last night so I didnt want to wake you up yet." Jongin leaned on the door frame as I stood up, holding Aera.

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek and walked out of the bathroom. "Did she eat?"

"Yep, as soon as she woke up, she was hungry." Jongin followed me.

"Hmm, reminds me of someone." I smiled up at him.

"At least she got something from me." He chuckled.

I pecked his lips. "Oh please, she has your plump lips and I think she's developing your laugh." I placed my hand on his cheek and rubbed my thumb over the corner of his mouth, making him smile.

"You've noticed?" He cocked he head sideways, adorably.

"Of course. She has the baby version of your strangled seagull laugh." I turned away, heading towards the living room, where all 4 dogs were waiting for me.

"Strangled seagull?!" I hear Jongin yelled from the hallway.

"Sometimes that's what you sound like." I chuckled as I placed Aera down on the couch next to Monggu.

"I'm not going to engage with this anymore." Jongin placed his hands on his hips and walked to the kitchen.

Dramatic hoe.

I followed him quietly and watched him wash the dishes, with his back to me.

I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist and hugging him gently.

"I love you." I whispered, just quiet enough for him not to hear it.

"What was that, bub?" He turned his head slightly, continuing his chore.

"I said I love you." I smiled, although he couldn't see.

"I love you too." He dried his hands, turned around and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you more than you could ever imagine."

"I don't know, I can imagine quite a lot." I smirked.

Jongin raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? Well, take whatever you're thinking and I'm multiplying it by a gazillion." He rested his chin on top of my head. We stayed like that for a minute.

I'm happy that we worked out our issues, but the public doesn't know we're back together. They don't need to know, but we also don't want them worrying about Aera. But we're fine.

"Eeh!"

A high pitched squeal from the living room caught my attention. I broke away from my husband and turned to see Aera standing on the couch, smiling and bouncing.

"What's up bubba?" I walked over to her and knelt down to get face to face with her.

"Appa!" She smiled and pointed at Jongin.

"Yep, that's me." Jongin walked into the living room and knelt beside me.

Aera looked between Jongin and I and smiled. We both looked at her confused as to what she was thinking.

Aera took her hands and tried to make a little heart. Of course, it wasn't perfect, she's 1. But it was the cutest damn thing I ever did see.

Another squeal came from her mouth and she clapped her hands happily. Jongin stood up and lifted her high in the air, almost like Simba from The Lion King.

I looked at the smiles on both of their faces, and the dogs at our feet. Jjanggu and Valor were laying down just behind me, Jjangah hopping onto my leg for attention (which I gladly gave), and Monggu sitting calmly next to Jongin.

I'm so blessed to have this perfect family on this perfect day.

"What?" Jongin noticed me spacing out.

"Nothing. Just... this is what I've always wanted." I stepped closer and wrapped my arm around his waist, and he did the same to me. "You're here with us. Aera's the happiest she's ever been, and it's not stressful. I don't have anything to worry about. You're perfect. This is perfect."

Jongin placed a kiss on my cheek.

"It takes two to make this work. You did just as much, if not more, than me." He smiled. "Look, Aera's eyes have the same sparkle that your's do. And no doubt, she's going to grow up to be as beautiful as her mother."

I smiled at my daughter smiling down at us. I quickly pecked her cheek, before planting one on my husband's lips.

Aera squealed and covered her eyes, making both Jongin and I smile.

Our baby's growing up.