Halloween Makeup

Vivian's POV

Ever since I was little, I've loved Halloween. It's always been my favourite holiday, mainly so I have an excuse to do cool makeup. I do my own makeup every year, and I always go all out for the SM Halloween Party. But sadly, it's not happening this year.

I just really wanna do something fun, even if I'm not going anywhere. I mean, it's Aera's first Halloween and I want to do something cool. I'm gonna make her a little demon, I mean even more than she already is.

She's nearly 3 months, but is already acting like her father.

While Jongin is out at work and my mother-in-law has Aera over at her house, now is the perfect time. I walk to my Halloween cabinet and grab all my Halloween makeup, and sit down at my vanity.

I pull my hair back and place my wig cap on. I got a new wig and I wanna use it, because it's perfect for a time like this. Plus, Jongin loves it when I wear new wigs, he says it looks cool.

I started my makeup and honestly, it took me a little over an hour, just because I kept messing up. It wasn't as intense as I wanted, but I don't wanna fuck up my skin.

I place my wig on my head and gently place my headpiece on. As I smile, I realize I'm missing something. My contact lenses. I run back to the cabinet and pick out my whiteout contacts. I popped them in and as I smile in satisfaction, I hear the front door open.

"Vivian?" I hear my husband call out for me. "I picked up Aera, I finished a little early. I always got us takeout."

Then an idea popped into my head. I hid all my makeup, turned off the lights and hid in the closet. I hear Jongin come into our room.

"Viv?"

I can see him through the crack, and I wait til he's near the closet. As he turns his back to me, I jump out of the closet and yell.

"What the hell?!" Jongin yells as he holds a hand over his heart. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Then my mission was a success." I smiled.

"I love your makeup. You look amazing." He placed a finger under my chin and lifted it for me to look at him.

"Where's Aera?" I asked, turning to the door.

"No. You're not going to her looking like that." He stopped me from leaving.

"What? Why? I'm her mom." I cross my arms.

"You look amazing, but you'll scare her." He tilted his head.

"No I won't. She's a tough baby, she's not a whimp like you." I pushed him out of my way and headed to the living room.

I looked into her carrier and smiled at her.

"Hey babygirl." I said in a higher, softer pitch.

She looked at me for a second and then grabbed onto my wig and started pulling, like a baby does.

She continued until she looked into my eyes, only seeing white. She stared for a second, then started to cry.

"Aera, it's me, mama." I bounced her, trying to calm her down. But she wasn't having it.

"Told you." Jongin leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Just take her and calm her down please." I walk over to Jongin and handed Aera to him.

"Are you gonna take off the makeup?" He questioned as he bounced our daughter.

"No. I worked hard on this and it looks cool. I'm at least gonna take a few pictures." I started my way to our bedroom.

"Don't cry, it's just mama wearing makeup." I hear him coo at Aera. "And don't worry, she's looked worse."

"Rude!" I yelled in response.

He just laughed, as Aera's crying stopped and she started giggling with her father. The sound alone makes my heart melt.

I love my family.