Cakes & Ribbons

4:30pm

We arrived at the bakery to place our order for our cake.

We walked in to see the receptionist who told us that we needed to wait to see the baker.

We waited for only 2 minutes before we were called into the baker's office.

"Hello, I'm Kim Minyoung, and you are... Kim Jongin and Paeng Yujin?" She asked typing something on her computer.

"Yes." Jongin answered.

She typed more on her computer before she turned back to us.

"So you're here for a wedding cake?" She reached for a sketch book and pencil from the corner of her desk.

"Yes." I responded.

"Okay, so can you guys describe how you would like your cake to look? But first how many people does it need to serve?" She looks at Jongin.

"150 people." He responds looking at me reassuringly and I nod.

"Okay. Is there a specific theme for your wedding?" She looked up at me.

"Um... I was thinking maybe a Christmas theme just because it's our favourite holiday and the date is close to Christmas." I looked between the lady and Jongin.

"Yeah, I like that idea." My fiancé smiled at me with the exact smile I fell in love with all those years ago.

1 1/2 Hours Later

We were getting up to leave, and as I was walking down the hallway to leave when I realized that Jongin wasn't following me. I assumed he was in the washroom so I texted him I was waiting in the car.

He came out about 7 minutes later and we drove to our next appointment.

6pm

We entered the decor shop and started looking around at the different types of decor like ribbons, pillars, table cloths, and centerpieces.

We looked around and shopped until closing... 9pm.

3 HOURS! THAT'S HOW MANY GREAT THINGS WERE IN THIS STORE.

9pm

We left the store with so many things that we called our moms to help us bring things home, but Jongin's mom insisted on keeping everything at her house so she can deal with everything and it honestly was such a relief.

I was exhausted.