Never Been Happier

Vivian's POV

The girl's left so now it's just myself, Aera, and Yongsun. We sit in silence, with me cuddled into Yongsun's side and Aera asleep on my lap.

"You're so calm." Yongsun smiled down at me.

"Well you're here. I'm a lot better now." I sighed through my nose.

"I was scared to come here." She looked back at the TV which had one of my favorite movies, Bohemian Rhapsody, playing.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Maybe because when I'm around you, I feel nervous. I also didn't want Dispatch thinking of anything." She kept looking at the TV.

"Well, what's the likelihood of them thinking of us as more than friends? They have no clue." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"But I understand. I was nervous to come out. I probably won't catch a break, with no matter who I hang out with, they're always gonna think I'm dating them. But I don't know if they know we're even friends." I snuggled back into my spot.

"Yeah. But honestly, I don't even care." Yongsun smiled.

We sat for a bit, and continued watching the movie as it was nearing the end. It was the scene where Freddie introduces his boyfriend, Jim, to his family.

"Are you sure you want to be with me?" I suddenly spoke out.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Yongsun looked down at me confused.

"Well I don't know if you'd feel comfortable with me seeing other people too..." I shyly admitted.

"I don't care. If it makes you happy, who am I to say you can't? As long as you still love me too, I have no problem at all." She ran her fingers through my hair, calming me instantly.

"Of course I love you. But it's just that--"

"What did I just say? I'm fine with it. It doesn't bother me at all." She chuckles. "You worry so much. It's fine."

*Time Skip to Next Day*

I was currently laying Aera down for her nap when a thought comes into my head. Should I tell Josh how I feel?

I don't know how he thinks, I don't think I should but I'm going to anyway. He'll understand and reject me easy. Things will go back to the way they used to be.

I hurried to my kitchen and grabbed my laptop that was charging on the counter and video called Josh. I need to see his face clearly if I was going to do this.

I waited a few second for him to pick up, and I saw his bright smile.

"Hey Josh..." I smiled timidly, nervous about the conversation that's about to ensue.

"Hey bubs, what's up?" Josh bounced in his seat.

"I wanted to tell you something. It may change how you view me." I twiddle my thumbs.

"Bitch! I already know everything about you and I love you more than you can imagine. Nothing will change anything." He chuckled.

His laugh made me laugh, so contagious.

"Well, we'll see." I bit my lip nervously.

"What's on your mind?" His smile slightly faded.

"Is your wife there?" I asked, hoping she wasn't.

"No, she went on a quick late night grocery run. Why?" He started to get very confused.

"Okay... Josh..." I breathed in.

"Vivian?" He stared at me, concerned.

"I've like you for a while. I know you don't feel the same and that you love Amanda very dearly but I know that if I tell you and you flat out rejected me then I would get over it. I hope we can move past this and still be friends." I speak fast, but I could tell that he knew what I said.

"No." He said plainly.

"I knew it. See it's fine, I comple--"

"No, I'm not gonna reject you." He smiled.

"W--what? But Amanda--"

"Knows about us. I love her dearly and really wanted to marry her. I still love her, but polyamory is a thing that exists, y'know. I've talked to her about it and we're very content with an open marriage. So I'm not gonna reject you when I feel the same." He smiled.

Holy shit. This is not what I planned at all. I just sat there frozen.

"Really?" I smiled.

"Yeah!" He laughed.

"This is not what I was expecting." I said truthfully.

"Same here. And hey, I have a surprise for you that's coming in the mail and should be there sometime tomorrow for you." Josh checked his watch.

"That's so sweet. What is it?" I leaned in, wanting to know right away.

"Its a surprise you numnut." He shook his head at me. "You'll love it, I just know it."

"Can't wait!"

Damn. I've never been happier.