How Could You Be So Stupid?!

Vivian's POV

I drove as quickly as I could to the hospital. I just got a call from my mother-in-law about what happened to Jongin. I can't believe it.

I got to the hospital and ran to the front desk.

"I'm here for Kim Jongin." I frantically tapped on the desktop.

"Your relationship to the pa--"

"I'm his wife! Let me see him, please!" I was gonna break down. I was scared.

"Um-- yes ma'am. Room 210." She instructed me.

I ran to his room and stopped at the door and saw him. And he looks horrible. His mom and sisters were there and I couldn't get myself to approach him. I just started bawling. His mom grabbed me and hugged me tightly.

"Th--this is... all m--my f--fa--fault." I cried into her shoulder.

"No... no... honey it isn't your fault." She rubbed my back.

"What do you mean it isn't her fault? If it wasn't for her cheating on him, he wouldn't have gotten into a fight, and we wouldn't be in this situation." His oldest sister sassed her mom.

"Don't blame Vivian. She didn't cheat on him, and you know she would never do that. She loves Jongin and he loves her. So if you're here to shame your sister-in-law, then leave." Jungah stood up for me.

"I'm here for my brother, which is more than she can say. She doesn't give a shit about him. He's overseas working and she's sleeping with different men!" His other sister got in Jungah's face.

"Just leave. We don't need you here. This isn't just because of the lies the media is saying about Vivian and Jongin. Sure, I'm a little upset with the world, but the only thing that matters is that Jongin is fine and the babies grow up with a good family." Jungah led her to the door.

"Whatever. Text me when he wakes up." She said as she left.

I was still in Jongin's mother's embrace. We heard a little movement and quickly looked over to the bed. He was awake, but he was in so much pain.

"Vivian?..." He looked around the room for me.

"Jjong?" I stepped towards him, but kept my distance.

"Vivian!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug.

I didn't know what to do. But I hugged him back. I'm mad, but he's still my husband and I love him.

I pulled away after a little.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Why, what?" He asked.

"Why did you do that?" I felt like crying, but I don't wanna be vulnerable.

"I was mad. I couldn't stop myself." He tried to defend myself.

"Who started the fight?" I looked down at him.

He remained silent.

"Jongin?" His mother chimed in.

"I did." He looked down.

"Why? How? How could you be so stupid?!" Backed away from him.

"I was mad! I had to let out my anger. I punched a wall and tripped over stuff in the alley and got all these bruises. Then I saw him and I socked him in the face." He defended himself.

"Well, because of you, my childhood friend is in police custody, and a little girl may lose her dad." The tears flowed out.

"Wait. You're seriously defending him?!" He got angry.

"I can't side with anyone in this case! Either my childhood friend who's been with me through thick and thin. Or my husband who I love dearly, and I'm going to have children with, who means everything to me. Hyungmin is like a brother to me. I helped him raise his daughter. He knew you were busy and was willing to help me while you were working. He did nothing wrong. Is there something wrong with being your friend's shoulder to cry on?! He never got to raise a child with the woman he loved, and he wants me to be happy and to have someone there. You work so much, and I'm not blaming you for that. I don't have that many friends that are available. I'm lonely. I just needed someone to be with, and you couldn't be there. I love you, and you know that. I would never cheat on you." I cried throughout the entire speech.

I looked at everyone and they were all crying.

"I have to go." I started to walk out.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to bail Hyungmin out and I'll be right ba--"

"Vivian?" I heard a little girl's voice.

I turned around and saw Miyoung, Hyungmin's daughter.

"Hey Miyoung, where's yo--"

"Her dad?" Hyungmin stepped into the room.

"Hyungmin? I thought--"

"I was released." He nodded and walked towards Jongin.

"Look man, I'm sorry if I got too close to your wife, but I really don't have any other friends besides Viv." He explained.

"It's all good. And I'm sorry for hitting your head against a wall." Jongin reached out his hand.

"Same. But hey, you got it all man. You got great fighting skills, a great outer appearance, a great life, and the most beautiful woman in the world as a wife. Treat her right." He shook his hand.

I was standing behind Miyoung with my hands on her shoulders.

"I will." He smiled. Jongin looked over at Miyoung.

"And you have a beautiful daughter. Who has an amazing father." He smiled at Miyoung.

I smiled seeing the happiness in Jongin's eyes looking at the little girl.

"Daddy?" Miyoung spoke up.

Hyungmin walked to her. "Yes?"

"Can I talk to the man?" She pointed at Jongin.

"Yes, go ahead." Hyungmin smiled.

Miyoung walked over to Jongin's bed and jumped onto it. She smiled and whispered into his ear.

"You're lucky to have aunty Vivian. She's really pretty." She smiled.

Jongin smiled at me. "Yes she is. And I am very lucky."

"Daddy, can I have Jell-O now?" Miyoung turned and whined to Hyungmin.

Everyone laughed at the adorable little girl.

"Yes... c'mon." He picked her up and carried her to the cafeteria.