Parenthood and Puppers

Vivian's POV

I walked out of our shared bedroom, looking nothing less than a piece of shit. Which is normal, but this time it's worse. I walked past a framed photo from our wedding. I look and see the pure joy on everyone's face with tears of joy sliding down Jongin's cheeks.

I kept walking to see Jongin looking out the window with a blank expression, but I know he's nervous. I clutched my new necklace, a pendant with filled with some of my mom's ashes. My brother got one to, and my father has her urn.

"I thought you went to the gym with Chanyeol." I spoke up.

"I did." He quickly responded.

I hated seeing him this way, a cloud of stress, sadness and fear lingering above his head. I walked up behind him, still holding my necklace.

I wrapped my arms around his waist. Well, as best I could with a giant baby bump between us.

"I'm scared." He sighed.

I knew what he meant. I'm past my due date, so this baby can come whenever. I let go as he turned around to face me.

"I know you are. Trust me, I'm scared too." I caressed his cheek.

"I just... I... I want to be the best dad I can be, but I'm scared. What if I mess up, what if I get busy and I'm not around? With my solo coming up, I might not be around as much." He tried to hold back tears, but a stray one felt down his cheek. I tried not to cry, but seeing him like this killed me.

"Hey, it's alright. My dad will be here to help. You know he loves you and he'll help you through everything. And don't worry, because even if you are busy, you'll still be home every night, and both myself and our munchkin will be here too. Not to mention all four dogs will be waiting for you." I smiled up at my husband. And almost on queue, my dog, Valor, barked as if to summon Jongin's dogs as they all came running down the hall from our room into the living room, barking to get him to smile.

"See, Valor's trained them already. To come on command. As soon as you walk in the door, she'll see you and bark, and the others will rush down to hall." We smiled down at my smiling Pomeranian pup.

"So... are you feeling any better?" I turned to Jongin.

"Much." He pecked my lips and knelt down so Valor could jump into his arms.

"You know, the more you pamper her, the others will get jealous." I smirked.

"They know I love the--" He gets cut off by all the dogs jumping on him and tackling him to the ground. I lightly chuckled and started walking to the kitchen to make dinner.

"So you're leaving me to the dogs?" He dramatically placed his hand over his heart in fake betrayal.

"They're so small, you can manage." I smiled back at him.

"Wow... you hear that Valor? Your mom doesn't love me anymore." He started talking to my dog.

"Valor! Come!" I yell and she comes dashing over to me. I bend down slightly as she jumps into my arms and starts licking my cheek.

"Wow! Now THAT'S betrayal." Jongin laid down on the floor surrounded by Monggu, Jjanggu and Jjangah. I ignore him and pet Valor, as she's a needy butt. More than Jongin. I hear Jongin play with his dogs and then,

"OW! Monggu!" I hear him yell and I poke my head into the living room to see Jongin crouched in the fetal position.

"Let me guess..." I started.

"You're lucky we already have a baby on the way. It gives this time to heal." He pointed and Monggu, who just ran to me.

"That's what happens when he doesn't get attention." I chuckled.

"That's what happens when you sit on the floor with three hyper dogs." He groaned in pain. I turned to Monggu.

"Good job boy!" I held out my hand and he gave me a high five with his paw.

"GOOD?!" Jongin looked up shocked.

"I mean... at least now you know a little bit of what I'm gonna have to go through soon." I shrugged.

"That's not fair!" He pointed at me.

"I'm the one giving birth! You just got your balls stepped on by a poodle!" I laughed.

"That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." He frowned.

I put Valor on the floor and walked over to my husband as he starts to stand up.

"So much for a magical penis huh?" I smirked.

"I'll show you magical." I leaned in close but I dipped out quickly, and started walking back to the kitchen.

"Baby on board, bitch!" I playfully yelled, as he chuckled softly.

Damn. Can't you that excuse much longer...