45.

Taehyung rushes over to Jungkook's house, sweat dripping down his temple by the time he reached the wood front door of Jungkook's house. He pants, knocking on it loudly. A few seconds pass by, and Jungkook doesn't open the front door. Taehyung begins to worry even more, and this time he knocks again, more harshly on the door. He sure that neighbours a few doors down could hear him knocking.

Growing impatient, Taehyung pulls out his cellphone to call Jungkook, but just as that moment, a very flustered and pink cheeked Jungkook opens the door, panting as if he'd just run a marathon.

Taehyung sighs in relief, immediately stepping into Jungkook's house, wrapping his arms around the younger. He thought something had happened to Jungkook, and was ultimately expecting the worst. "I'm so glad you're okay," he whispers, closing his eyes, fingers feeling Jungkook's soft hair as he tightens his hold on the boy.

Jungkook melts into Taehyung's arms, still a little stiff at the sudden hug. Slowly, he begins to pull away from the hug, but Taehyung doesn't allow Jungkook too, "I just need another few seconds or so," he says, grabbing Jungkook once more, and pulling him back into the hug.

Taehyung sniffs, keeping a hold on to Jungkook for another minute before pulling away from his bunny. "What happened? Why did you message me so frantically?" Taehyung asks, finally shutting the door behind him. Jungkook fidgets on his feet, he doesn't know how to even attempt to answer that question.

"M-my..." Jungkook starts off before pausing to think about whatever he was going to say next, "my ramen dropped in the boiling water and splashed onto me," Jungkook says - which wasn't a lie, considering that when he heard the door knock loudly he jumped up, dropping the ramen in the boiling water, the water splashing onto his arm. It hurt like a bitch and was the perfect excuse. Jungkook mentally smiles in his head, thanking the ramen gods.

"Oh poor Jungkook, let me see your hand," Taehyung inspects Jungkook's arm, pressing sweet but gentle kisses on his skin, and just like that Jungkook felt much more better. Jungkook smiles, "come, I made just enough ramen for the both of us," he says, leading Taehyung into the kitchen.

Taehyung follows, sitting down at the table while Jungkook finishes making the food. After about ten minutes or so, the blonde boy brings the noodles to the table, with two bowls and two pairs of chopsticks.

"Dig in," he smiles, allowing Taehyung to lift the lid.

Taehyung smiles gratefully and begins to eat, along with Jungkook. The only sounds were sounds of slurping and chewing, the two enjoying their meal of hot ramen on this oddly cold day. The weather was so bipolar, at this point, it didn't even make any sense.

After a while, Taehyung looks up to Jungkook, gulping, he sighs, the sound drawing Jungkook's attention, "what's wrong? Is it too spicy for you?" Jungkook asks, with concern.

Taehyung shakes his head, "what's wrong? Why are you sad?" He suddenly asks, shocking Jungkook. With wide eyes, Jungkook says, "what do you mean? I'm not sad!" He quickly adds, taking another bite of his food. Taehyung chuckles at this, as if he found Jungkook's words amusing to hear.

"You're eating ramen, on a gloomy day, you're obviously sad," Taehyung starts, picking some more noodles up with his chopsticks, eating it, "you think I don't know you Jungkook, but in fact, I know you very well," he says softly, making Jungkook's heart flutter like absolute crazy, the butterflies in his stomach turning into deranged beasts.

Jungkook doesn't say anything, his throat suddenly parched as ever, heart hammering against his chest. Opening up to a person you loved with all of your heart was scary.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook blurts out.

Taehyung pauses, mid-bite.

"What?"