8.

Taehyung sighs, staring at the house that stood before the long black gates. It was that time of the day again where he walks into his mansion like home and stays in his room for the rest of the evening, having no human contact with anyone until the next day at school. Taehyung pressed down on the intercom on the gates that stood connected to the house.

After a long while a loud buzzing sound is heard and finally, the large gates are opening, allowing Taehyung to enter his residence. Taehyung takes slow steps to his house, already wanting to run away.

He felt like this everyday.

And don't get him wrong, it's not like he didn't appreciate the fact that he had more than enough to survive. A very large roof over his head, food to survive, a nice bed. Of course, the mint haired boy appreciated everything that he had, but sometimes the young boy would have much preferred to live in a small house, with a pet dog, and have his mother working a normal job, living in a neighborhood where the neighbors weren't for miles off, but instead just an arms length away. You see, Taehyung wasn't just stripped of a motherly relationship, he was stripped of almost everything in his life.

Taehyung sighs once more, not even making it to the front door of his house before he decides to turn around and walk away. He didn't need this right now. He just couldn't be alone right now. He had to go somewhere to calm his nerves. And he had to go somewhere that he would be able to see and talk to other people without any restrictions. Because at home he always had to bite his tongue to refrain from saying something that his mother wouldn't like.

It was a pain in the ass, honestly.

But that's what Taehyung had to live with, and he's already survived eighteen full years, what's to say two years later he'd leave and be the happiest guy on the earth? Nothing could stop him, he still had the chance to rewrite his future if he wanted to...well that's before his mother could take a grip on it. She owned a trading company, investing and selling businesses, and she made a lot of money from it. Taehyung always knew that she loved her job more than her own son, but sometimes he understood her logic.

He had heard stories from his aunty (who he hasn't in years) that when his father had gone, she had thrown herself into work. Her work had been the only true thing to support her, and that's what made her so attached to her company that at times (no all the time) she put it before Taehyung. However, as much as she loved her company, recently, all she's been wanting to do since Taehyung had turned 18 is to sign the company off to him, which would legally make him own the company. But he always put it off.

He was too young to sign and own a company, and he was more or less scared that he'd fuck so much shit up and have his mother disappointed in him.

At that's why everytime he saw her, he'd avoid talking about her job. But he knew better, sooner or later, he'd be trapped, her sly fingers around his throat, her business men peering down at him with sneers as he's forced to sign the papers which would make him legally own the company, figuratively of course. His mother would never do that, but she had her sly, manipulative and bittersweet ways to do so without moving a finger.

Yet, Taehyung was always at her beck and call, ready to do whatever she wanted. He tried so hard to ignore her, but no matter how hard he tried, he'd always go back to trying to impress her, and then fail miserably.

Taehyung found himself walking to a small coffee shop, and walked in. The little bell on the door ringing as he did, and immediately he's hit with the aroma of coffee and freshly baked cakes, a scent that Taehyung didn't know he could find comforting until he had smelt it.

The coffee shop wasn't packed, but it also wasn't empty, with the few odd customers here and there, sitting in a booth, ordering their coffee, or just talking to a friend, Taehyung wondered how each of them could have completely different lives to him, yet they all just coexist in one nature. It was pretty weird to think about it sometimes, how everyone just...exists. Is there a whole purpose to just living? And did humans actually need a purpose to live? Taehyung sighs, living was overrated anyways.