51.

It is early morning in the Kim House.

Taehyung's mother hums a little, walking down the great marble stairs of her home. She smiles, her mood relatively happy. Reaching her kitchen, she starts to bring out some pots and pans, as well as the ingredients to make a big breakfast. Tying the apron around her waist, she truly starts to look like a mother.

Humming a soft tune, she walks around her large kitchen, simply tasking herself to make Taehyung a nice, home-cooked breakfast. She openings the back garden door to let in some fresh air, pouring herself some orange juice to drink as well, before getting on with cooking the food.

She starts by frying an egg, grilling two pieces of toast, and then waiting. "Oh, I should probably give him his favourite yoghurt," she says to herself, rushing around the kitchen, looking for some bowls.

To be honest, Taehyung's mother had no idea what she was doing, but she knew that if she truly wanted to improve her relationship with her son, her only son, then she must act upon it before it is too late. She's already wasted so many years wallowing in her own grief, she must not continue this any longer.

Scooping out some large tablespoons of yoghurt into a bowl, she decorates it with myriads of fresh fruit that she ordered to her home, specially for Taehyung. A select pick of berries like: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and other fruits like orange slices and bananas, as well as a few apple slices.

At that moment, she remembers the toast, and stops what she's doing, quickly running over to the grill in time. Sighing in relief at the perfectly cooked toast, she hurries to throw them onto a plate, the heat of the toast burning her already sensitive hands.

Taehyung's mother rubs her hands together soothingly, before grabbing the butter and a knife, she spreads the butter on both of the toasts. However, on one of the toasts, she also spreads strawberry jam, the pinkish jelly being lathered onto the toast. On the other, she delicately places the egg she made earlier, before she spices it with chilli flakes and pepper (only a little though, she knows that Taehyung doesn't like spice).

"This looks perfect," she mumbles proudly to herself, grabbing the plate and the bowl of yoghurt. Rushing over to the dining room, she places the food down, before running back into the kitchen to grab the extra plate of food. And then back again to get some water, juice and coffee for Taehyung.

Looking at the food she's made for her son, she smiles to herself a little, often going back to tweak the way she's placed the plates, turning it slightly, moving the drinks to make the table look more full. And then that's when her stomach rumbles loudly, so with a sigh, she moves back into the kitchen, making herself a soggy piece of seeded bread with stale tea leaves.

Taehyung's mother knew that after so many years of resentment and hate and neglect, it would take more than a mere apology to make up for her actions. She regretted everything she's done up to this moment, wishing that she realised it earlier on. But, it was better late than never, and she could only hope that Taehyung found it in his heart to let his mother in, considering that she was being truly genuine about it. And wanted to open up to the idea that her son was gay, and in love with a male: just as her husband was.

She sits at the head of the table, waiting for Taehyung to wake up, and by the time he does, she's on her last bite of bread, sipping on the cold tea that she has. Taehyung's mother watches her son walk in to the dining room groggily, hands to his eyes rubbing them, hair messy and askew. She tilts her head to the side in shock, mouth falling open as he looks at her son's head more properly then before. His hair was no longer mint coloured but a more vibrant–

"Your hair is blue!" She shouts out in surprise, before she can stop herself.

Taehyung flinches, eyes snapping open to the sight of his shocked mother, his fingers touch his hair as he says, "yeah... Jungkook wanted to dye it blue for some reason," he shrugs, sitting down at the table, looking at all of the food before him. Taehyung's mother nods, eyes glittering, "well you look dashing. Jungkook, is it? He made a good choice."