54.

long chapter, twelve thousand words :)

It is early morning, just before sunrise, a low glow of morning sun casting small shadows across the horizon. The stars and the moon fading into the blue, turning almost white sky.

Jungkook exhales, mist blowing out from his mouth into the cold air of the morning. He looks around himself, the park he's sitting in empty apart from himself. He's sitting on the swings, swaying lightly as he allows the wind to flow through his blonde locks, face slightly flushed from the coldness.

It's that time of the year when the mornings were freezing cold, but by midday, the sun is pelting hot, able to melt a whole human being into a damned puddle.

Sighing, Jungkook swings a little fast, his long feet skimming on the ground as he sways back and forth.

He looks at his watch, noticing that it's just about to hit sunrise. Standing up from the swings, Jungkook stumbles a little, not ready to get off as he's still in mid-air, but nonetheless, he stabilises himself on the ground, and looks around the park.

He walks a little, trying to spot whether or not Taehyung is arriving. Jungkook pulls out his phone, ready to call Taehyung, but pauses when he hears a familiar voice call out his name.

Jungkook turns around just in time, watching as Taehyung, groggy eyed and tired, runs up to Jungkook, pulling him into a hug, his body thudding against Jungkook's harshly. Jungkook groans from the impact, but nonetheless, his arms raise, and wrap around his boyfriend tightly, inhaling his home like scent.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Taehyung pants into the crook of Jungkook's cold neck, his breath hot, making Jungkook shiver even more. Shaking his head, Jungkook smiles, "no you're just about in time. Let's go sit on the swings like we planned," he says, holding Taehyung's hand, pulling him to the second swing.

Jungkook seats himself on the one he was originally on, and watches as Taehyung seats himself on the other swing, only a few inches away from Jungkook. Smiling, Jungkook whispers excitedly, "look it's happening," and as they both look up to the sky, holding hands, the sky dramatically changes colour. From the dull and dark night, to the new day.

Taehyung smiles to himself, squeezing Jungkook's hand, "and a new day arrived for us both," he says, shivering when a gust of wind blows, the wind travelling into his jacket and through his shirt to caress his stomach.

Jungkook answers, "seeing the sunrise with you, now we can cross that off of the bucket list," and Taehyung laughs, "I didn't know we had a bucket list," and out of nowhere, Jungkook pulls out a piece of paper, unfolding it and handing it to Taehyung.

Taehyung lets go of Jungkook's hand, taking the paper, eyes squinting to read without his glasses as he starts to scan the paper, reading what Jungkook's wrote. After reading the paper, from top to bottom, Taehyung chuckles heartily, "you're adorable," he says, making Jungkook blush a little.

Snatching the paper back, Jungkook mutters, "no I'm not," folding the paper and keeping it safe in his pocket, a pink, rosy tint dusting his cheeks as he does so.

Taehyung sighs, "why lie Jungkook? You know you are," he points out, "but don't worry, we'll have time to do everything with each other. That bucket list the you've created will not go to vain," Taehyung says, his point being strong.

Jungkook chuckles, "yeah but some of them are way too extreme, like skydiving? I only put that on there to pull on your leg," Jungkook says honestly. Taehyung squints his eyes, "you mark my words Jeon Jungkook, I will get you to skydive at least once with me."

"Over my dead body," Jungkook warns, standing up to pull up his falling jeans before sitting back down again. Snorting Taehyung says, "I'm a very persuasive person, trust me I can persuade you."