22.

Taehyung had always liked to be alone. It was the simplest way to live, to grow up. It was the easy way out. But when you had finally decided to let someone in, it was rather hard to hide away again. Getting obsessed with the feeling of finally having someone to talk to, someone to listen.

And that was how Taehyung had started to feel towards Jungkook. The blonde boy that had got Taehyung to question so many things.

And now, here he was, laying on the floor of Jungkook's bedroom, staring up the ceiling, questioning his own sexuality, that he had thought he known for so long. Until this moment.

"And are you gay?"

Even in the silence, Jungkook's voice, or rather the words that he uttered, ring in Taehyung's mind like a constant reminder that every action that courses in these next few moments will matter for the remainder of his life.

Taehyung had always believed that he would go about his life never second guessing his morals. His way of thinking. That's just how is mother sort of raised him. To always be one with your decisions. And now, Jungkook was telling him different. Was it possible to change?

The mint haired male flinches when he feels Jungkook's hand on his upper arm, the younger trying to comfort Taehyung, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you such a straight forward question. And if I did, I should of rephrased it," Jungkook apologizes, sitting up right. He looks down at Taehyung with an apologetic look.

Taehyung just remains quiet, his thoughts running wild but also feeling empty at the same time.

Jungkook looks back at the older, who's staring angrily at the ceiling. His thoughts clearly driving him wild. Running a hand through his blonde hair, Jungkook sighs softly.

He turns to Taehyung once more, and tries to think of something good to say. Something that would be able to distract the older for even a second. Yet, nothing good comes up into his mind. Jungkook's mind continues to stay like a blank canvas, as he sits there on the floor a little lost.

Jungkook feels sorry for the older. And because of that, he feels so bad that Taehyung was basically rediscovering himself all over again. Jungkook knew first-hand how hard it was to find yourself when you believed yourself to be one thing your whole life.

"Hey," Jungkook's says, turning to Taehyung, leaning down a little, staring at the older. Blue lights flickering causing a soft glow to radiate off of his tan skin, making the serenity of it all so much more beautiful. "It's okay if you don't know who you are, and what you are. It's okay if you don't know what you want in life. But just don't go trying to discover yourself when the person you're looking for is standing right in front of you - that's how you lose yourself," Jungkook advises with the utmost seriousness in his soft, caring voice.

Was Taehyung gay?

He had always liked girls, he never found a problem when he was with girls. But now that Jungkook had asked him that wretched question, he couldn't help but think that he no longer liked girls. That the reason why he couldn't commit to any of them was because he didn't like them. But there was a difference between sexuality and just liking people, wasn't there?

And he had never thought about boys in a...weird way...well, not until he had met Jungkook.

So was it Jungkook that he was attracted too?

Because every thought he had, linked to the blonde younger. The fact that his nose always scrunched up cutely whenever Taehyung had teased him. The fact that his smile would always brighten when they'd meet in the diner. But there was nothing wrong with simply being attracted to someone...or was there? Because Taehyung couldn't deny that Jungkook was a boy of looks, but it didn't mean that he wanted to fuck the boy, or even love him.