Chapter 8

"So why do you think that our teacher gave us an assignment about love?" Bella asked

"She probably got divorced again."I said making her laugh.

"How many husbands did she rant to us about?" She asked.

"About five." I shrugged. 

"I hope she finds someone good enough for her." She said smiling.

"Mhm I guess." I shrugged. "This place is boring."

"It's the library." She pointed out.

"I know."

"So that means that-" She started to say but got interrupted by my phone ringing.

I looked at the ID seeing it was Marcus. "Give me a second." I told her getting up. I went outside answering the phone.

"You gotta get here quick." He told me.

"What happen?" I asked.

"Another random ass shooting, but this time it's more of them. They caught us at the park in a alley." He huffed.

"Aight I'm on my way." I said hanging up. I went inside seeing Bella look at me confused and concerned.

"What happened?" She asked.

"We gotta finish this project later." I said getting my stuff.

"Oh... Okay." She said putting on a weak smile.

"Don't give me that face, Its not you. Something just happened that's all." I assured.

She nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I nodded walking out the library getting inside my car. I got the gun out the compartment loading it up. And got my other guns and ammo from under the backseat in a hiding spot I placed.

Speeding through all lights I made it to the park alley seeing some still shooting. I got out the car and began shooting letting bullets fly.

They saw me and tired shooting back but some of my guys caught them. I continued to shoot hitting three guys in the leg.

I ain't never empty a clip on nobody before. Shot a few people, but never killed them. Nobody ever tried me so it was never a reason too, but I guess that's changing today.

I turned my back for a second from seeing shooting coming from behind me. When I turned around I felt something sharp into my arm and side.

I ignored it and kept shooting until we heard police sirens making us all run. I saw Marcus still shooting making me go towards him pulling him back.

"Come on." I told him. He shook his head getting in the car as I got in quickly driving fast.

-

Kai and andrew dragged me inside the warehouse calling out for out nurse. "I'm fine." I told them.

"You got shot twice Keith, you not alright." Kai said as they put me onto the bed.

"Acting like I never got shot before." I chuckled while coughing a little.

"He's losing a lot of blood, I need you two to leave." She told them both.

𝟔 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

I woke up instantly hearing yelling. I was about to get up but couldn't due to the injuries on my side. I ignored the pain sitting up as Naomi and Kai both busted through the door.

"You okay?" Naomi asking coming up to me looking like she's been crying for a while.

"I'm fine Naomi." I assured her.

"Why did you tell me so late that he got shot Kai." She said turning to look at him.

"It ain't my fault" He told her leaving the room.

She rolled her eyes turning back to face me. "And what do you have to say for yourself?"

"That I'm grown and don't have to explain myself." I shrugged.

"You got shot Keith, twice. I thought I was going to lose you today." She said with watery eyes.

I set my phone down going over to hug her tightly. "What do I always tell you?"

"That I'm not going to lose you."

"And you always think the opposite." I said chuckling a little.

"I'm sorry, you're all I have left."

"I know that's why you need to trust me when I say that nothing is going to happen to me."I sighed letting her go as she nodded.

"I'm ready to go home." I huffed.

"You need to get better first dumb ass."

"I'm alright, I look alright don't I?" I tried to convince.

She shrugged. "Barely. I laughed pushing her away.

-

-