Chapter 9

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

"Nice house." Keith told me as we walked inside. Today was Monday so Library is closed, and since my parents are at work, Cameron went with some of her friends, And Kyle's back at college.

My house was empty for a while.

"Thank you," I smiled leading him upstairs to my room. I opened my door as his eyes went wide seeing my room making me laugh. "What?"

"It's just weird on how this is exactly what I imagined your room to look like." He chuckled.

"Is that a compliment?"

"Sort of." He shrugged sitting down in the computer chair. "What do we have to do now?"

"Put everything together. I don't know why she gave us a month to work on it when it doesn't even take that long." I laughed.

"To get other assignments done first I guess." He responded leaning back into the chair.

"Want something to eat?" I asked

"Yeah, want me to help you?" He asked making me shake my head no.

"Just get everything settled." I told him going downstairs.

-

"So how many siblings you got anyway?" He asked laying back onto the headboard. Yes we're both on the bed now. It's been almost an hour, and we're almost done with the problem.

We were just making small conversation now. "Two. Cameron, and Kyler. How about you?"

"A sister, Naomi." He told me as his phone started to buzz again.

"You can answer the phone for your girlfriends you know, were almost done." I laughed sticking the picture onto the board.

"Ain't got no girlfriend. Yo phone be going off too, it's probably that boy Josh." He said side eyeing me. 

So everyone sees? "He's not my boyfriend, don't even know if we'll be friends anymore to be honest."

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know, Piper, and him have this thing going on. My siblings say that she's doing it to get back at me for hanging with you when I keep making it clear to her that were only hanging around each other for the project..." I trailed.

"Piper? I don't like her. She shouldn't be mad at you for hanging with me. If she mad at you over me she not a real friend." He told me.