Chapter 24

"God Bella, stop stressing so much

"God Bella, stop stressing so much." Scarlett told me.

"He called me, and I wasn't there to answer. And when I tried to call back this morning he didn't answer. Something could've happened." I sighed.

My dad convinced my mom to give us back our stuff this morning. She took it for reason at all since I'm almost 18. I should be able to make my own decisions.

But I wasn't that upset about it. I was just mad that I knew I could've missed a phone call from Keith.

And I did.

Now when I call back he doesn't answer.

"I'm sure he understands." She assured.

"Maybe," I went on closing my locker while we walked to our class. "Are you going to tell us who you've been seeing?"

She bit her lip. "She's not really out yet. So were just waiting it out for a while." I nodded seeing Eva coming our way. I smiled about to approach her but she avoided eye contact, and continued to walk.

I sighed mentally looking back at her. "What was that about?" Scarlett asked.

"Um, it was a misunderstanding yesterday. I guess she's still not over it, but I'm going to try, and talk to her today." I sighed.

"What was the misunderstanding?"

I put my phone in my bag, and looked at her deciding if I should tell her or not. Scarlett's my best friend, she wouldn't say anything.

"She um, she kissed me yesterday. While we were studying. I pulled away of course after a while since I was in shock. I told her that I wasn't..." I went on as she knew what I was trying to say. "And she left out of the room without saying anything. I don't want it to affect our friendship, and I hope I was leading her onto anything."

"She kissed you? I knew she liked you. You didn't lead her on Bella, she just caught feelings for you. You can't help who you fall for." She shrugged.

"I still feel bad. I have to tell Keith of course. Whenever he gets back. I don't want to tell him over the phone." I sighed.

"That's understandable."

"About Piper...Did you really forgive her? Or did you just say that to be nice?" She asked.

"I forgave her. The fight was silly, and it isn't worth not being friends for anymore." I said.

"I still don't trust her Bella. Her apology didn't even seem sincere." She responded.

"I just wanted to drop it, that's all."