Hangovers Are The Downfall of Everything

Groaning to herself, Hikari lulled her side to the side before immediately getting struck with a massive headache, the girl pushing her hands to her head before cursing under her breath. Shit, it felt like she was hit by a damn truck or something. "Mmmm.."

Although she was quickly woken up when she heard someone next to her chuckle under his breath, the man's voice speaking to someone else in particular. Where the hell was she? Did she hook up with some random guy again? Is that why she couldn't remember?

Dreading to find out what kind of terrible decision she had made this time, the girl groaned before turning her head towards the stranger as she moaned in pain at her headache. Whoever this asshole was, he was too loud that was for sure.

Hikari paused when she felt a warm hand rest on top of her, stopping her movement as she felt herself automatically relax for some reason, catching some of his conversation.

"Let's cut the shit you frozen discounted happy meal. I want progress now. I sent you to get information on the heroes weeks ago and you still have nothing for me. Do you know how bad that looks, right? It looks like you aren't that serious about joining the league after all..."

Yet in her own hazy state it was impossible for the girl to understand the context of the conversation, only catching his deep amused tone as he responded back a couple minutes.

"Listen to you, so entitled. Sorry to disappoint but I can't meet you now and talk about whatever bullshit excuses you're going to spew. You see, I'm a little busy at the moment..."

The voice on the other side sounded annoyed but Hikari could hardly care, flopping her eyes open as her blurry gaze vaguely picked out the purple skin that she knew all too well.

Oh good, well at least it wasn't some random guy next to her this time. That was a plus.

Although his voice was too loud for her fragile ears, causing the girl to make a stupid decision because she couldn't understand the situation or the danger at hand.

No, instead Hikari decided to speak, her voice coming out raspy and irritated, focusing on getting her friend to finally shut his mouth for once so she could sleep. "D-Dabi shut up..it's too loud...I can't..."

And almost immediately Dabi felt his eyes widen at her foolish decision as the man on the other end, Hawks, clearly caught a woman's voice, his tone serious.

"What was that?"

Glaring at the blonde haired girl in order to get her to shut up, it was obvious to tell that Hikari still wasn't fully awake, rolling around with her hands rubbing her eyes in another low groan.

This wasn't going to work, the girl didn't even know what she was doing right now.

Knowing he had to think fast, the villain saw the idiotic blonde hair about to speak again, not knowing she was going to ruin her entire mission like this.

Ah well, I just had to do everything himself, don't I?

Before she could finish her sentence, Dabi quickly reached down towards the slumped over figure before grabbing her neck forcefully and bringing it up to his eye level, squeezing the passageway of her breathing so she couldn't speak.

HIkari gasped at the sudden contact as the room began to spin at the motion before putting a weak hand to his arms that were holding her in hopes he would let her go. She didn't know what was happening but he seemed pissed off for some reason. Was he hungover too?

Forcing her lips together in annoyance, Hikari opened her mouth before rasping out a quiet. "D-Dab...?"

This caused the villain to groan before coming up with another plan instead, one that he knew would make Hawks very upset in the future once he figured out what was really going on.