Sister Mine Part 2

Valkyrie.

When Hawks first heard that name, he never fully understood the meaning or the term.

No, he never fully felt the same bone crushing and heart stopping terror that everyone else around him seemed to emulate, he never saw what everyone else was talking about, he never felt any once of fear at the word, mostly because their existence was all just simple stories and rumors. That's all it seemed to be to him.

Even when his little sister used that name for the first time, Hawks still couldn't connect the two together. Yes, he had seen cruel things from the girl that shared his bloodline but it was utter and complete denial that always seemed to cloud his mind so many times, protecting him from the reality that the mystical monster and his sister were the same.

But as a heavy pained scream filled the area and his own heart twisted in pain, the bird watched through blurring unsteady eyes as the villain, the true villain she had always claimed to be so many times before, seemed to emerge from inside Hikari.

No, that wasn't Hikari. Not anymore at least.

Taking one look at her gaze, the bird could tell she was in chaos, the life behind her own eyes growing fully detached from her sanity as a sort of predatory instinct seemed to awaken in her.

But as her own body moved towards Dabi, her feathers seemed to do the exact opposite, all of them detaching in an instant, almost like she couldn't control them as they flew around the room in a crimson rage.

They slashed into walls and the ceiling above with mindless nature, one of them coming straight towards Keigo before slicing a deep line across his cheek, the bird ducking to avoid any more damage.

Looking down at his own hands, the bird shivered at the action before running a finger across the gash only to find blood upon the surface of his black gloves. Hikari had just hurt him without a second thought.

A part of him wanted to scold her for such a behavior, given that they were on the same side only for the bird to clearly see that Hikari wasn't even paying attention to the damage around her nor had she made any motion to stop it.

No, her clouded and teary eyes were only locked on one thing and one thing only, the one that betrayed her and made a fool of her the most, Dabi.

Just then, her brother recalled the conversation they shared at his apartment when she almost impaled him with her feathers after waking up from a nightmare. Hikari told him that she couldn't control her quirk sometimes, that her feathers acted on their own.

Back then, Hawks was certainly concerned for her, knowing that their quirks and wings reacted based on emotion. The stronger the emotion, the more dangerous and lethal it became.

So much so that Hawks knew firsthand just how much inner turmoil Hikari had always inside of her, given that her feathers were so incredibly strong, strong enough to kill.

In order to accomplish that level of precision, you had to be so incredibly emotional distraught after all, screaming inside yourself to the point of insanity. Hawks wasn't fooled, he knew what kind of dark things always seemed to lie behind her eyes and in her heart.

She couldn't hide her inner torment from him after all, not when his quirk acted on the same principles, not when he was forced to suffer for the same results at the commission.

But this, this was something new entirely.

Because seeing her now, it was clear to tell that Hikari's mind was completely gone, that the betrayal of Dabi had completely pushed her off the edge, so much so that her own broken and dark emotions had now consumed her entirety, leaving nothing but the monster before them.