Just A Call Away

"You two have already been introduced to each other, right?"

The absurd words swirled around in Hikari's mind for what seemed like forever, her entire body still frozen solid as her hallowed eyes met the number one hero in a single moment.

No, no there was no way. This had to be a horrible dream or some sick and twisted nightmare. That was the only explanation. She must have heard differently, because there was no way in hell Hawks just said that Endeavor was going to be their partner on this case.

Over her dead body.

And the way that her brother introduced her was so comically ironic in every sense of the word, so much so that Hikari was sure she'd be laughing right now if it wasn't for the comatose state her own mind had put her in.

Moving closer into the space, Endeavor just barely glanced at the girl before scoffing with displeasure, his arms crossed over his chest in annoyance. "You're that sidekick that Hawks brought to lunch before the Nomu attack in Kyushu."

Although that was true, the girl still found herself frozen in place, staring at the man with a blank look of disbelief as Hawks walked over and waved a hand in her face. "Uhh hellooo? Earth to Hikari, ya in there kid?"

The hand caused her to finally blink back to reality, Hikari shaking her head before purposely slapping her brother's hand away from her face with an angry grumble.

Hawks only laughed though, already used to his sister's rough demainer by now and paying no mind. "Whoa, would you look at that. She's so surprised. You certainly made an impression, Endeavor! I can tell."

Feeling her teeth latch together with an overwhelming fury, Hikari then narrowed her eyes before just barely muttering out a cold and venom laced response. "You have no idea."

Endeavor seemed to ignore her words completely though, as if she wasn't worthy enough to be heard and instead chose to move closer to the files on the desk. "This better be good Hawks. I have no time for your jokes."

Whining immediately, the bird felt his wings perk up before replying. "But my jokes are always great!"

Hikari disagreed with the statement though, scoffing under her breath before crossing her arms. Sure, she may have been extremely uncomfortable by the new guest but it was hard to resist an insult. "Says you."

Raising an eye, her brother then turned his head with fake hurt, playing along with her little jab. "Oh hush, everyone loves them. I know you do, Hikari."

Hikari only scoffed though, amusement laced in her response. "I've literally never said that."

Hawks didn't miss a beat though, throwing a wink in her direction before throwing up a goofy set of finger guns. "You don't have to, I can just tell."

Yet, that seemed to be the breaking point for Endeavor, the man groaning at the childish conversation before his loud booming voice broke through. "Enough. Stop fooling around and get to the point or else I'm leaving."

Giving a half-hearted sigh, Hawks finally turned back to the hero before throwing his arms up in defeat, already making his way over to the files on his desk.

Sure, he enjoyed the small exchange with his sister but he supposed it was time to get serious now. "Fine fine, so picky Endeavor. Here let me get the files and we can talk about it."

Giving a satisfied hum of approval, Endeavor remained still only for Hikari to steal another glare at him in secret. What kind of horrible trick even was this? Why was she with this bastard again? She thought Kuyshu would've been the last time.