More Like Lovers To Enemies

The room around them was deathly silent, everyone staring as the newly white haired Todoroki made himself known and became the new center of attention.

And as the smoke dissipated all at once, the two could very clearly see the stitched villain, his face the picture of cocky amusement as he watched Hikari protect that commission rat. "And look at you, you really are a certified commission dog now. Your absentee brother must be so proud..."

Cursing under his breath at Dabi's appearance, he then turned to Valkyrie only to see her complexion completely turn white with unexplained fear as her entire body started to shake in front of him.

Hold on, where was that cocky villain energy she had a moment ago? Why was she now shaking like a fragile little girl? That wasn't like her at all.

"Valkyrie?"

Enjoying her fear, the stitched villain then looked past her in order to give a dark chuckle under his breath. "I also see you found yourself a new rat. You know, since the last one expired so suddenly."

At that, the girl seemed to find a bit of herself again, her feathers sharpening in warning as she managed to speak out shakily. "If you're jealous just say so."

Chuckling under his breath at the statement, Dabi then spoke with hidden amusement. "Cute, seems like that presidential bitch hasn't put that fire out just yet. I'm glad. It would be boring to fight another Hawks tonight."

Shadow then noticed Hikari's demeanor shrink back within herself, the woman's breath turning shallow by the second as she replied "W-What do you want, Dabi?"

Lifting his arms out the villain then pointed to Geten before explaining plainly. "Same as you. Except crusty lips actually wants him dead. He is the last connection to liberation, but of course you already knew that."

Then he pretended to think for a moment before his finger slowly moved from the liberation member to his old best friend with a knowing look. "Oh, I'm also tasked with kidnapping the pretty little birdie that killed Twice. After all, you got quite a bounty on your head, Princess. I can't even imagine what the league wants to do to you for that, it's probably not good."

Oh, so that's why he was here, to bring her to the league. She supposed she should've expected it, given their conversations last night and his intentions. He really was cutting their ties, right here and right now.

They probably planned to torture her, to make her pay for a crime she never really committed in the first place. And normally she wouldn't care, but just the idea of Dabi being on the other side of that knife was something Hikari hadn't come to terms with.

She thought she had more time before that reality came to pass.

Apparently not.

Then, as if he had read her mind, Dabi lifted his head in question. "Unless I have it wrong, unless some other little birdie killed Twice?"

The way he worded it, the way he so clearly knew the answer to that question caused Hikari's hands to shake even harder with anxiety. He wanted her to rat Keigo out right then and there, to condemn him to face the league's wraith instead of her.

But even so, she refused, simply because in her mind, having Dabi and the league as her torturers seemed to be worlds better than them doing the same to her big brother.

Just then, her thoughts were broken by Geten's shrill shouts, the man easily wiggling out of Shadow's hold in order to step backwards with a panicked shout. "All of you..stay away from me. I've had enough!"

Then the boy turned his back in order to run away from his executioners as Hikari lifted her hand outwards in order to get the agent's attention. "Shadow, grab Geten and go.."