The Weak-Hearted Won't Survive

Six Years Ago

Hikari Age: 13

Two Months After the Commission Attack

Pulling Touya's black jacket closer to her body, Hikari lowered her eyes as she passed through the street, ignoring the never ending stares that had now been accustomed to her because of her destroyed wings.

The street lights started to begin to grow sparse and thin the more she made her way into the lower part of town, although the only thing on the girls mind was the white haired boy that had given her food last month.

She hadn't seen him since then and to be completely honest, Hikari missed the comfort that his very presence brought. It was like he was the only one that wasn't completely disgusted or freaked out about her grotesque quirk.

She didn't know why but the girl was thankful for it regardless.

It's like he brought a feeling of normality, something that was very little to none since being thrown onto the streets like this. Times they shared together just seemed easy, relaxed, like she could finally lower her guard around him. It may have just been talking but it was something that Hikari learned to cherish.

And she missed it, she missed him.

But not in that way, okay? Don't make it weird. It wasn't like that.

Hikari just wanted to thank him for his moment of kindness that's all, for actually looking at her like a human and not like some kind of trash on the street like everyone else did. Yeah, that's it, that's all it was..

But she didn't even know where to begin with such a thing, hell the girl didn't even know his full name or where he lived.

Maybe he was just like her, living on the streets. Although that thought didn't seem overly true because his reasons for coming to see her were always out of "boredom" more than anything.

And that kinda sounded like a rich kid way of putting things. Those thugs that tried to rob him even said that his pockets were loaded so maybe he really was just coming down here to pity people like her.

Regardless though, his actions were something so incredibly sweet, a kindness she hadn't felt since Keigo had tried to calm her down from their father as kids.

So it didn't really matter his reasonings, even if he pitied her, that was okay.

Passing by a row of TVs in a store window, Hikari heard the sounds echo around her, although she didn't pay that much attention to them, that was until a very familiar white haired boy flashed on the screen, causing her to freeze.

Breaking News: Pro Hero Endeavor has officially named his youngest son, Todoroki Shoto as his successor. The title once given to his elder son Todoroki Touya has been passed over given sudden health concerns that have arisen with the boy.

The former successor Todoroki Touya has withdrawn from his spot at the commission and is officially retired from the hero world. What a tragic end to the once promising career. Although we look forward to seeing what kind of hero the new successor will be in the future.

Widening her eyes at the words on the screen, Hikari took in the meaning before Touya's school picture appeared on the side with his name right below it.

Bringing a newfound realization to her eyes, her feathers couldn't help but twitch.

Hold on, the boy that helped her, the boy she was just thinking about, Touya..

He was a Todoroki?

He was Todoroki Touya, he was part one of the most prominent and well off hero families in Japan? And not only that, Endeavor, his father was the one that saved Keigo and her when they were kids.