Twenty (ish) Questions

Walking through the streets for his weekly patrol, Hawks felt his eyes travel to his intertwined hands with silent contemplation, all of his lingering thoughts aimed towards his villainous sister that was just a few feet away from him.

It had been a total of two days since Hikari had silently shown up at his agency and the bird was still at an utter loss on what to do next. He honestly expected her to disown and continue to hate him after his little speech, not fully give him another chance.

The very idea was overwhelming to say the least, a small bit of left over emotion crawling into his throat just from remembering it.

Sure, it wasn't like he changed their relationship completely, but at least Hikari was willing to play pretend for this short amount of time in order to get closer to the commission. That meant she was trying to be a hero, she was trying to listen to him for once.

And although it was hardly nothing, Hawks still couldn't help but be overjoyed by the fact that his sister was somehow still next to him, that she hadn't completely abandoned him.

So for the little shriver of hope he had, the hero found himself deep in the pits of his own mind, wondering how he could strengthen their family relationship without completely ruining it.

The truth was, Hawks was terrified. He was terrified of saying the wrong thing again, of ignoring her feelings and pushing her away for the second time in his life. That's why the bird hadn't chosen to remain rather quiet these past two days, his brain trying to work up some kind of plan.

Being the number two hero was impressive, sure, but it hardly had anything to do with caring for his family, for actually becoming a good brother for his hurting sister. The commission didn't teach him anything like that so it seemed like he was on his own with this one.

Pushing his lips together in conflict, he watched as Hikari sighed heavily a couple feet away, obviously less than thrilled about being stuck with him for patrol.

He was hoping that this could've been a great opportunity to finally talk to her and bond a little more but it was easy to tell that Hikari wanted to be literally anywhere else but here.

Jogging up to her, the bird then gave one of his lingering fans a flashy smile and a wave before turning his attention back to his sister. "Come on Hikari, cheer up. At least you're not at the agency today."

Although, Hikari couldn't help rolling her eyes at the giggling fangirls before grumbling to herself. "But now I have spent the day with you."

The hero seemed to ignore her distage though, clapping his hands together before lifting his wings out in excitement. "That's the best part! I'm giving you the full hero experience so that way we can get to know each other more."

Seeming less than thrilled, Hikari only deadpanned before moving a little faster in order to get away from the crazy hero as fast as possible. He was so exhausted all the time, wasn't he? "Great, wonderful. Let's just get this over with so I can go home."

Her changed speed made him pause before catching up to her without any trouble, now seeing her expression fixed ahead. She looked determined about something. "Why do you want to go home, do you have something to do later?"

His tone had some kind of inquiry about it, like he was trying to understand whatever plan she was thinking of.

This caused Hikari to scoff, finally stopping to turn around the hero with a smirk. "Why, are you worried? Afraid I'm gonna go commit arson later or something?"

Hawks took in the words silently before an unexpected sense of anxiety coursed into him. Sure, to anyone else he would've taken it as a joke. But Hikari was a villain, so who knows what that meant.