(S2) Welcome Back

Hello! Welcome to Season 2 of "Sister Mine" get ready for a crazy ride! I don't write in first person but this chapter will specifically be from Dabi's mind and memory for...reasons...

So it will be still in third person but I will be focusing on Touya/Dabi in this chapter, which is a rare occurrence for this fic. Once again, for reasons I can't say yet. Hope you enjoy!

----------------------------------

When did it start?

When did it all go wrong?

Ah, that's right. It was back then, wasn't it?

When everything went to shit, before I could even realize it.

Six Years Ago

Touya Age: 15

Two Month After the Commission Attack

Staring out the clear reflected hospital window, Touya let his eyes fall, taking in the people entering and exiting, all of them holding each other close for whatever reason. Families, children and the elederly, all grouped together in disgusting warmth, almost like they were mocking him entirely.

And even though it brought a wave of unease and longing into his throat, the boy continued to stare, to tortue himself with something he knew he'd never have.

It had been about a week since he had been admitted after all, and neither his siblings nor his father had turned up to see how their poor oldest brother was doing.

Apparently they were all busy in their own ways, because of course they were.

Sure, Fuyumi and Natsu texted him from time to time but the words only left a bitter taste in his mouth, usually opting to leave them unopened and turned over on the bed.

He didn't want to be reminded how little they actually cared for him.

Slouching back into the pillow Touya felt a heavy wave of self loathing enter his stomach then. They knew he was pathetic, staying here like this. In fact, if he hadn't been born with such a weak constitution then he wouldn't have gotten a fever after that stab wound from that fight in the bar.

That's why he wasn't in the commission anymore in the first place, why his father had never given him the time of day or saw his worth. It was all because of him and his stupid useless body.

He hated it, feeling useless and weak, like a pathetic little kid.

And that was another thing, that fight. Things didn't exactly go as expected that night, the boy still groaning from the after effects of being beaten to a pulp. If only he could've used his quirk, then things wouldn't have turned out as bad.

It was her fault anyways, Keigo's sister. She foolishly caused the entire thing to happen and Touya was sure that she probably regretted it now.

The way her brother described her had seemingly fit her to a T after all. That's just the kind of person she was, soft and easy to tear up at absolutely anything.

She was annoying, insufferable.

Although, Touya supposed that ran in the family as well, given past experiences.

Groaning at the very idea, the door next him swung open as one of the nurses entered a moment later, a ghost of a smile on her face. "Hello Todoroki, good news. You should be ready to be discharged in about a week or so. We just want to make sure your body won't reject the antibiotics."

At her voice, Touya felt a new wave of hope enter his mind before forcing himself to sit up in his bed. Maybe today would be different, maybe today he'd get a good response.