What Could've Been

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking, please stop!"

Another plea, another shout, another meaningless sound echoed in her ear as Hikari drowned it out completely, instead focusing on the blood that coated her knuckles as she brutally punched her unruly victims over and over again until they turned unconscious.

Her own psychotic laugher bounced off the walls all the once, the woman not even recognizing the sounds coming from her lips as she drowned in that same mind numbing adrenaline coursing through her veins. It felt good, releasing her unkempt feelings like this, just like old times.

Before Keigo, before Dabi, before everything, it was always just like this, standing over everyone and destroying anyone that tried to take her title and push her around like right now.

What Orthos said at that meeting couldn't be farther than the truth and the ones that believed him were quickly met with regrets and suffering. Just the way she liked it.

Grabbing onto one of her newest victims, Hikari only narrowed her eyes, not caring about their trembling body beneath her as they cowered under her touch. "What's wrong? Where's that fight in you from before? Didn't you say you were gonna dethrone me? Well, let's see it."

She was quickly met with wide eyes, the guy gasping back in horror at the claims he proudly named just moments before. "I-I I made a mistake."

Hikari only frowned though, shaking the man around with a fake pout."Aww, come on. I was hoping for more than that. You wanted Valkyrie's attention, and now you got it. Go on, impress me. I'd love to see it!"

Once again, the man knew he had overstepped, choosing to say whatever desperate words popped in his head in order for the beast to back down. "P-Please, I'll do anything, just stop.."

Hikari hummed at his pleas before giving a low dark chuckle. Now it seemed like he knew his place. Good. "Anything? Oh my...what an offer...that's certainly hard to refuse."

That's when she let go, hearing the man fall onto the rough ground a moment later as the villain decided to turn her back, silently hoping he was going to be stupid enough to try and attack her. "Don't forget I can ruin your life in a matter of seconds. You double cross me and your life will be over. Remember that the next time you decide to get another stupid idea like this one."

Her victim only seemed to take her words as forgiveness though, his chest filling with panicked relief before crawling on his hands and knees to grovel in front of the monster that had spoken those words.

Far too terrified from the scene of his unconscious colleague, the man bowed beneath her feet, desperately clinging onto the hope that it would be enough to please her. "Y-Yes, yes I understand. I won't double cross you! I'll do whatever you say, I'll follow you forever, Valkyrie!! You're still my boss, always have and alway will be!!"

Crossing her arms over her chest, Hikari only smirked at the display, looking down at his utterly pathetic nature with a snort. "Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Gotta say, I love the sound of you groveling much more than your cocky threats. It almost makes me wanna grant you mercy"

At the word mercy, she saw his shoulders relax a little too quickly, the man turning his eyes upwards with question and hope. "Y-You'll let me go now, right? That's what you said."

Yet that's when he met the villain's cold, dark, and emotionless stare, her cruel words dripping like pure poison as she batted her eyes innocently. "Mmm I could, but what's the fun in that?"

All at once, his eyes widened with newfound fear before Hikari then kicked him straight in the chest with her heeled boot, causing the man to crumble to the ground with a groan as she towered before him with very clear intent. "You have to be taught a lesson after all, just like your little friends who thought they could beat me."