One Tries To Fly

Hikari became a villain for one sole purpose, to spite the world.

For they gave her no other option, the fate following her from such a young age. It started with her father's blood, cementing her as Takami and ended with her own brother signing her old name away unknowingly.

The need to control her own fate, the desire to not be tied down by evil was so strong that it corrupted her mind, driving her insane day after day. Because that's what a villain was, and so that's what she forced herself to become.

She shoved herself inside that constricting box the world designed.

But even a box couldn't contain the one known as Valkyrie.

----

Shadow didn't sleep much that night, and neither did Hikari, the man watching as her half swollen eyes entered the space a couple moments after him. Her fingers dragging the still unconscious Geten across the room as she did so before throwing him haphazardly onto the floor with a sigh.

And truly, the agent had so much to say about last night, about the eye opening revelations he had witnessed but it seemed like the woman wasn't in the mood for conversation, her eyes purposely avoiding him every chance they got.

Not liking that result though, the man spoke first, noticing her still frazzled appearance. Didn't she say she was going to get a healer to help her? What happened to that? "Weren't you gonna get yourself fixed? You still look like hell."

And she really did. In fact, she looked worse than last night. Her clothes were still stained with blood with cuts and burns along her body along with one very purple and black eye.

The only thing that healer seemed to "fix" were her mangled feathers, the bristles blowing with each step as he vaguely counted one large feather and ten small ones.

But out of everything, why did she choose to fix her wings, and why had she stopped halfway from the original fifty she usually wore? It's like the healer ran out of their quirk during the process or something.

Hikari only paused though, still not looking at him before muttering halfheartedly. "Mind your business. I don't need your opinion."

That caused the agent to glare in frustration though. What the hell was her problem? She was so open last night. Why was that stick back up her ass? He thought they had understood each other a little more at least.

Although that's when Shadow took a step closer only to notice that Geten's previously bloody wound was no longer bleeding through his shirt, the area above his chest seemingly clean and free of surplus liquid. Wait, he was pretty sure Toga stabbed the kid back at the casino.

Turning his head in question, the agent spoke out. "Wait, what happened to the kid's stab wound? It looks fixed."

Yet that's when realization flashed in his eyes as Shadow sharply turned to the supposed villain with disbelief. No, it couldn't be. "...Hikari, you had them heal him instead?"

It was almost unbelievable to perceive, and yet the woman only narrowed her eyes, not liking what he was implying. "Stupid kid was gonna bleed out before we got him back to that bitch. That's all."

This caused Shadow to gasp though, knowing the truth. Could it be true, Valkyrie willingly saving this liberation kid over herself? Of course deep down he knew that she would do something like that. This girl didn't play by the rules of traditional villains after all.

Perhaps she did mean it to be a frivolous thing but even still, the facts were clear.

Whispering out the truth she didn't want to hear, Shadow's eyes softened. "But you chose him over yourself, didn't you?."