You Really Don't Know Anything, Do You?

The minute Hawks walked through the door of his apartment, the hero immediately went looking for his sister, hoping that she'd somehow give him an explanation on what exactly had happened back at the agency.

He couldn't understand it, one minute she was completely fine and the next she was assaulting and trying to murder one of his sidekicks. It was like some kind of switch had flipped in her mind somehow, like she wasn't actually herself.

Well, one thing was for sure, whatever he saw back there wasn't his sister. It wasn't the soft spoken, kind, six year old girl that he remembered, it wasn't the fake happy personality she pretended to be for weeks.

No, this was something different entirely and Hawks was desperate to get to the bottom of this.

It was like at the agency he had seen a more vulnerable side of her, a side that honestly kind of terrified him. Whatever it was, the bird was desperate to set everything right as quickly as possible. That was the only way his heart would feel calm again.

When he did find her, she was standing on the edge of the balcony, her silhouette the only thing visible through the setting sun as Hawks approached ever so slightly, like she was a crazed animal or something.

He couldn't help it, after what he saw today the bird couldn't deny that she kind of scared him.

Reaching closer, Hawks then realized that her deformed wings were fully visible to the sun, lifting out to feel the oncoming breeze before lifting a single hand towards the sky, almost in longing. She did that the last time she was out here also, didn't she? He wondered what it meant.

She clutched the necklace she always wore inside her palm, the gold chain dangling from the sides as it caught on the light with a tightened grasp, her eyes closed as the breeze blew by her once more and savoring the feeling.

Although as soon as one foot met the outside of the balcony, HIkari's feathers immediately perked up in anxiety before the girl wiped her entire body around as her wings extended inwards with a flinch.

Her once calm eyes were now wild, setting her amber glare towards her brother as he took a step back like she was a frightened animal. "Whoaa, sorry there sis. I didn't mean to spook you."

All at once, Hikari seemed to recognize her brother's presence before letting out a dejected sigh as her serious persona slowly melted away into a placid yet slightly bothered stance. "Seriously, what is wrong with you? You broke my concentration."

The words seemed to land on Hawks' tongue before turning his head in question. "Concentration, what kind of concentration?"

At that, he watched as his sister narrowed her eyes, almost as if she was having a debate in her mind whether to tell him the truth or not. She seemed conflicted and yet saddened for some reason, like just thinking about this very topic was sensitive to her.

So much so that Hawks thought he wasn't going to get an answer, knowing that's how Hikari was most of the time. She liked to lock herself up tight, to disregard anything that would make her seem weak or vulnerable.

Although wasn't he surprised when she actually did answer, her wings lifting out ever so slightly so that Hawks could see them twitching with the breeze, like she was calling to something. "My feathers. I can sense them better up here."

This caused Hawks to immediately widen his eyes and stare at her broken and deformed wings with question. Was she really telling him something about herself? She had never done that before, and about her wings non the less.

"Wait, if you can sense them then why don't you just send them back? If your quirk is like mine and your feathers aren't gone then you can reattach them. Just do that, and then your wings will be whole again like mine.

Sister Mine (Dabi X OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें