(S3) Out In The Open

The sound of screaming and shouting filled the ears of the number two hero as he struggled to keep his eyes open against the chaos all around him. His back felt like it was on fire, the excruciating pain slowly turning more and more numb as the moments ticked by. Where was he anymore? What was going on?

Why was a part of him panicking and why was the other so eerily calm? He didn't know, everything was just a drowning and noisy blur of a thousand different directions.

Just then, a muttered voice broke through the noise, the sound just as panicked as he felt. "It's okay Hawks, we are gonna get you out of here!"

Wait, who was that? What was happening? Why did this person sound so scared and frantic? Hawks didn't know. He didn't know anything anymore. No, right now everything was just so weightless and calm. But if that was the case then why was this boy giving him words of reassurance?

Forcing his eyes open at the sound, the room immediately began to spin before Hawks turned his head towards the mysterious voice only to see a sea of green among the black spots. Hold on, this what that U.A. kid, wasn't it?

And as reality started to approach his mind, the hero felt himself groan before his entire body was lifted off the ground as the green haired kid and a couple others raced towards an exit that the bird couldn't comprehend as they shouted through the space. "Oh god, what should we do? They are gonna...she's..."

Most of the words were deaf in his ears though, the bird's mind under water as his body traveled to an unknown destination. What did that kid just say? Fuck, why was it so hard to hear? Everything was just so heavy.

Just then, it seemed like his body was lowered in a soft landing as he vaguely heard the sound of an explosion before Deku spoke even more words that were quickly drowned out. "Stay here, I'll..back...I'm gonna...sister..."

Hawks felt himself groan at the words before the air turned silent once more, causing the bird to try to move in order to ground himself in reality. But the moment his muscles twitched, the hero felt immediately dizzy.

So instead, the bird's hands felt the unknown space before sloppily pulling out a folded piece of paper from inside the jacket that was draped across him and forcing his eyes to stare at the contents.

Maybe this will tell him what was going on and help his failing brain remember.

Dark spots appeared in his vision at the action but Hawks pushed forward, narrowing his falling iris's before staring at the contents in his hands. Hold on, he knew this paper anywhere. Hell, he had signed a million of them over the years.

This was from his hero debut, wasn't it?

Forcing his brain to focus on the paper, the bird saw his blood coat the sides before he heard another voice run towards him as it crouched down to his level. "Hawks. Are you still awake? It's Todoroki."

The hero turned his head at the sound only for the two toned boy to push the bird by his shoulder, almost like he was frantic himself. "Come on, We need you. The commission...she's going to be..."

Yet Hawks' mind could only focus on one thing in particular, his gaze traveling back to the poster in between his fingers before deliriously pushing the paper towards the panicked teenager. "T-This.."

Turning his eyes down, Todoroki felt the paper touch his chest before the boy quickly grabbed the surface with confusion. Did this bird recognize anything he just said? Now was not the time to focus on a random poster.

Yet that's when the two toned boy vaguely recalled seeing it before, his words coming out audibly in order to process his own thoughts. "That's the paper Hikari had in her pocket. Why are you giving me this? Now is not the time. Right now we have to.."