I Would Burn The World For You

Warning: NSFW Scene At The End.

Reeling backwards like an electric shock, Hikari gasped as the connection was finally broken and the green glow slowly dissipated into nothing. But even though her memories were now her own, the woman couldn't help but still feel distorted in every single way.

Then all at once, she seemed to mentally snap back into place as she forced out another heavy breath. Touya's memories, his feelings, she knew them all. The things he so desperately tried to keep to himself, they were now out in the open.

And they felt her completely speechless.

Feeling heavy tears make their way into her eyes, Hikari allowed one to break free before turning towards the man she thought she had known for her entire life.

Her savior, her friend, her traitor, that's what she had labeled him as. But instead of the covering of betrayal, she now felt something else entirely.

Dabi also seemed to be reeling, his hands immediately moving to his temple in pain as he tried to make sense of what had just happened.

It seemed like his entire life had flashed before his eyes, playing out his every thought and feeling like some sort of fucked up movie he didn't want to watch.

His own choices had already tormented him enough as it was, it wasn't like the villain needed a reminder. But if that was the case then why had he witnessed them anyways? Something wasn't right. This wasn't like his usual psychotic breaks or manic episodes. No this was way worse.

Just then, the past events that led up to now seemed to flash through his mind as a spike of invisible feeling began to shock his entire body. Because if he had just relived his own memories then that meant that Hikari had also..

Snapping his cerulean gaze towards hers, the man then silently took in the blatant tear crawling down her cheek before the realization showed what she had just done.

And just like that, he felt everything come crumbling down around him.

Every secret, every lie he had told her had been erased completely, leaving the vulnerable and weak little boy that lied beneath the villain persona he had worked on for years.

His worst fear had happened.

Hikari knew everything.

Widening his eyes, Dabi then felt his feet start to move backwards as he felt his own heart hammer inside his chest with a new emotion he hadn't felt in years. He had thought he had locked all those useless things away but here it was, tormenting him all the same.

Hikari only continued to stare though, her words losing all of their meaning as her mind screamed for a sound before taking a robotic step closer to her childhood best friend. What could she possibly say though and what could he deny now that she had witnessed his life firsthand?

After a moment, she managed to speak as one single solitary question reigned above all the rest. "T-Touya, is it true? You didn't sleep with her?"

The sound of her voice was like a thousand knives, pouring into Dabi's soul as he felt his dead skin start to smoke and spark with flames. The way she was speaking to him, the tone of her voice, that wasn't what he planned on. She was supposed to hate him, she was supposed to stay away.

But that god damn kindness in her eyes, it drove him absolutely mad. He didn't deserve that kind of look, not after everything he had done to destroy her life.

Fuck, he didn't want to be forgiven, especially by her.

Hikari only remained silent though, her entire body shaking with something unexplainable as she waited for his reply, for an explanation even though she had seen firsthand what he had been thinking. But it didn't matter, she needed to hear it now, in this moment, from his lips.