You Don't Find Valkyrie, Valkyrie Finds You

As the old rusted door flew off its hinges, the thug in question coughed out a spit of blood before hearing the taunting sounds of footsteps getting progressively closer, ones that made his heart drop into his chest at the tone.

Although as the silhouette appeared in the smoke, the male thug couldn't help but taunt him, seeing a flash of red peak through a moment later. "What's a hero like you doing all the way down here? You seem frustrated by something, Hawks."

Hawks only narrowed his eyes though, sending four sharp feathers in his direction as they longed themselves into the wall behind the villain, catching onto his clothes and keeping him in place. "See, we wouldn't have to do this if you didn't decide to run."

Yet once again the man only chuckled, pulling against the feathers before feeling the hero's sword touch the tip of his neck. "All of you heroes think you are so scary, don't you? That we'll talk given slightest pressure. How comical, you really think this will change anything? Do your worst, if you can.."

The winged hero wasn't in the mood for games though, stepping up to the hooded thug before continuing with his interrogation, the one that was so rudely interrupted when this guy tried to run from him.

"I'll only ask you once more, what were you doing at my office? What were you after..?"

When Hawks got this guy's name, he was honestly surprised. He thought the break in would have come from someone he knew or was out to get him. So why was it just this lower level villain from the streets, what did this guy have to gain from stealing something from him?

Maybe this guy did know him somehow, maybe he was related to someone that the hero had put away in the last couple years? Hawks wasn't sure, but he was determined to find out exactly what was going on.

Although the man didn't seem to intimidated by the sword gracing his neck, only staring at the hero with a sort of challenging stance. "Good one Hawks, but you aren't getting anything out of me. I'm loyal to my clients, especially the dangerous ones."

Clients? That was something at least. This guy was hired for some reason to break into his agency. But that only brought even more questions than answers.

"So you were hired. Interesting. I know I'm a pretty popular guy but why would anyone pay you to break into my office? They were looking for something, weren't they?"

And that thought alone was extremely scary to the bird because that meant that this unnamed person was after him for some reason. There were hundreds of confidential files and notes in his office at the time. This could easily go from bad to worse if they got their hands on anything related to the commission, past or present.

The villain seemed to catch his concern though, lowering his eyes to the sword before recalling what Valkyrie had said when he asked about the break in request, very clearly replaying the voice in his head.

Hawks is bound to squirm when he finds out about you. I'm sure it will be very entertaining for you to see. Feel free to play around with him if you'd like.

And so that's what the villain did, lowering his tone in order to mess with the winged man just like Valkyrie had suggested "Ah, what do you know, they were right after all. What are you so afraid of, hero? What don't you want them to find?"

Watching Hawks' feathers twitch and lift out in anger was everything the villain thought it would be, now feeling as the sword made content with his throat in order to reveal a single line of blood as another feather flew past his cheek in order to leave a mark.

"You know, don't you? Who they are, what they stole, why they paid you? Tell me and I'll make sure you stay out of prison for this. I'll protect you from that villain."