Alpha

Photo is my reference for fourteen year old Alpha (when Hikari found him)

(Credit goes to original artist)

------------

The air was deathly silent, so much so that Shadow could barely breathe, all of the oxygen sucked out his lungs in a mere instant. He couldn't process anything, he couldn't think about anything regarding the last couple minutes, simply because it was impossible.

Hikari seemed to be the same way, her shoulders noticeably rigid as she took in the lost and horrified look on the agent's face as he formed his next words. "No, there is no way. You two were lying. You're messing with me again.."

The villain didn't laugh though, only remaining silent as she held her head in shame for his discovery before Shadow felt his eyes widen in realization. Could it be, had Valkyrie really hidden his brother all these years? No, that couldn't be.

Yet with each noose of silence, Shadow felt his throat grow tighter and tighter in order for his numb fingers to close into a fist as his feet immediately turned around by their own volition.

They were desperate, searching for something that he thought was lost long ago. He had given up hope all those years ago, of him seeing his brother's face, of being able to speak to him again.

So much so that a desperation started to settle inside his stomach as he raced through the corridors of the underground bunker, his chest heaving out another suffocating breath before finally finding a small figure just out of reach.

And his steps looked shaky, unbalanced as he wobbled to the exit only for Shadow to gasp and reach out a pleading hand towards the boy, his fingers wrapping around his arm immediately. "W-Wait!"

The motion was sudden, causing Alpha to seemingly snap out of his clouded thoughts only to turn around with terrided eyes as Shadow finally saw the kid for who he was.

His brother.

Oh my god, it really was his brother.

Why didn't he realize it sooner? His eyes, they were the same color he had always remembered. So warm and full of life, even through the darkness of the hideout or his old hospital bed. They were still the same.

So much so, that a massive wave of relief poured through the agent immediately, his lips quivering before heavy tears began to line his vision. After all these years, he could only think one thing and one thing only. "Thank god."

And he truly meant those words, thanking the heavens above for this moment. Through everything he was here, healthy and strong just like he had always wished for as a child.

Because of that, the man completely unraveled, his commission side forgotten as he reverted back to his childlike state, voice shaking on each word. "Yuto. You're alive..thank god.."

Reaching his arm forward he then watched his little brother's eyes fill with even more terror before he took a shaky step backward, causing the agent's heart to break into two. Why did he seem so scared?  He didn't think he was going to hurt him, did he?

Shadow froze then, his hand hanging in the air with confusion. "Yu-chan?"

At his real name, Alpha's lips pushed together with overwhelming emotion before taking another step backwards and answering with a broken whisper. "D-Don't..don't come closer.."

This caused the agent's chest to ring with pain. He sounded so afraid, so small by his very presence. But why? He was his family. "I don't understand. Yuto, it's me, it's Hotaru..your brother.."