Twins (Thor) Part 1

Twins (Thor)

Releasing a blast from your hands, another wave of adversaries went flying backwards and off the cliffside. There were more coming for you and your brothers and sisters in battle, but you were suddenly taken off guard when you were sort of sucked out of your own reality.

"(Y/n)," a voice known to you stated loudly. Heimdall's voice echoed loudly in your mind. Without waiting to hear if you heard him, he went on. "Thor has informed me that he and the Avengers now have possession of Loki's scepter. He wishes for you to come and retrieve it."

And just as quick as it happened, you were dropped back into your own battle-ridden reality. You looked over to your side and saw Sif fighting valiantly, and figured she could handle this with the others, and you would be able to leave.

"Lady Sif!" you called out, throwing out some more magical blasts to deter the enemies. When she glanced over to you, you kept going. "I must leave immediately. Can you handle this?"

She rolled her eyes before blindly stabbing an opponent in the chest. "What do you think?" she asked back with a smirk. You smiled proudly at her.

With closed eyes and a good stance, you looked to the sky and shouted, "Heimdall!" Within a moment, rainbow beams of light cascaded down from the sky and surrounded you on all sides. In the next, they pulled you off the ground and you went flying to Midgard.

Part of you was genuinely excited about seeing Thor. With your busy schedules, you hadn't been able to hang out and fight together like you did when him, you, and Loki were children. The three of you were an unstoppable force until you grew up. Loki went on to be more introverted while you and Thor happily stood in the spotlight and fought to protect Asgard. In your spare time, you would be with Loki and Thor as kids again. Sadly, everything changed when Thor was announced as the next king.

In a way, you were saddened that you hadn't been good enough. Loki was there for you to confide in, and he too briefly shared his jealousy. After some time you were able to move past it and feel proud of Thor. Loki never was really able to do that, and after his 'death' you had gone off and fought in some of the most remote places in the realms.

When Loki tried to take over Midgard, you refused to come back and see him. When he truly died saving Thor and his girlfriend Jane's life, you were so angry at yourself that you just never wanted to come anywhere near home. And yet, you were tasked with ensuring Loki's scepter would be safe after Thor finds it.

And that's what was happening now.

Your feet came in contact with a hard, rocky sort of substance, and you looked around you once the Bifrost had disappeared from around you. You looked slightly surprised at the fact that you were on top of a building, very very high up in the air.

But not a moment later, someone flew up to the roof and landed a few feet in front of you. Magic started to gather in your hands since you had no idea who this person was. They looked from your face, down to your hands, and then back up at you. "That's not a very nice way to greet your bother, whom you haven't seen in years."

The magic dissipated and you smiley brightly. "Thor!" You ran over to him and pulled him into a tight hug. "My gods it's been too long. I'm sorry that it takes you locating a powerful weapon for me to drop by and say hello," you said, laughing at the end.

You pulled away from each other and Thor was smiling as well. "I'm just glad Heimdall was able to reach you on such short notice." The tone suddenly shifted and the conversation became serious. "We've had the scepter in our possession for a day now, and Stark will be done with it in two more days."

"Why can't I take it now? I'm sure Father wants it safely tucked away in his vault," you said, confusion laced in your voice and on your face.

Thor sighed and shook his head lightly. "Well, he also wants to throw a party, so I agreed that he could have it to do what he needs with it until the night of the party," Thor explained. You nodded, knowing that your twin loved his new Midgardian friends and was able to work things like this out well with him.