Over the Rainbow

Over the Rainbow

Angst warning.....

You lied in bed, tears now just silently dripping down your cheeks.

You remembered the events of yesterday like they happened just minutes ago, and it would probably stay like that for a long time. Your hand gripped the cold sheets next to you as the memories flooded your mind, as well as all the thoughts your depression has created.

This wouldn't end well for anyone, especially you.

~The day before~

"Alright team!" Steve yelled as he walked into the conference room. It was apparently his thing to make dramatic entrances after everyone else had already gathered in the room around the table.

"What is it drama queen?" you asked, a smile on your lips. Steve met your gaze and smiled a bit too, before going back into 'Captain' mode. You knew it was something serious.

"We have an important mission. Some of the best SHIELD agents, including Agent Hill, have been kidnapped and are being held in a HYDRA base up north," Steve explained.

"Hold up," Sam said, halting the conversation for a second. "You mean 'north' as in, Canada? I thought they were nice people?" he questioned. You held in a laugh, as it wouldn't be deemed appropriate for a mission meeting.

"Yes, Sam, Canada. And that's just a stereotype. Now, back to the mission," Steve said, his voice radiating leadership. "We need to storm that base and take it out. But we can't make a scene. They know we're coming, and they know that they have elite agents. If they catch wind of our presence before the perfect time, they'll take out each agent. So, I've come up with a plan." The team then spent the next 30 minutes discussing out positions and jobs, and especially our entrance.

"Alright team. Suit up and get to the hangar in 5. Any longer, and you'll have to catch your own ride. If it'll take you longer than 5 to get dressed, do it on the jet," Steve said, before leaving. He was already in his Captain America gear, so he was going to the jet to get it started up and ready to leave ASAP.

You rushed to your room to get your outfit put together. It was simple, but worked with your powers of screaming so high pitched, you could burst someone's eardrum instantly. You put on your black leather pants and boots on first, seeing as they take the longest. Next was your white top that was pretty much a t-shirt with a black corset over top. The corset and pants had white details on them that made you radiate power in your own sense. The other thing that gave you confidence was your boots. They had your superhero name, Echo, on the back of the heel. It would be one of the last things your enemies would see before they died. It was nice.

Grabbing your knife holders (sorry don't know what they're called) and your knives, you hurried out of you and Steve's shared room to the hangar.

Once you got there, Clint, Nat, Bruce, and Tony were there. A few seconds after you walked on the jet, Sam and Wanda came in the jet. Wanda was holding some of her gear as well, and you all knew it took her a bit to put it all on. In honesty, you were surprised Nat got her suit on in less than five minutes.

After a minute of strapping everything to your thighs and corset, Bucky came in, followed by Vision. Thor came in next.

"Loki is staying here. He's still in bad shape after the last fight," Thor confirmed, before the jet door shut and you all lifted off.

Oh yeah, Loki is on the team. He was eventually forgiven for his actions and helped repay them. Last battle, his powers were tainted by HYDRA tech and he got severely injured. Luckily not dead, but he still needs to heal. After all, that was only a few days ago.