See You Again

See You Again

*Before Age of Ultron*

You were sitting in the Avengers tower. The rain was pounding against the window you were sitting up against. It was calming, soothing, relaxing. You had just taken a hard hit emotionally after your most recent mission. This was the first moment of peace you've had since the mission report to Director Fury. When you got up and breezed past everyone, eyes red shoulders shaking slightly, they all knew to give you space.

Everyone but Tony understood this. He started following you, but then Pepper held him back. You weren't mad at anyone but yourself, and you needed this time to beat yourself up. The rest of the team saw it as a way for you to calm down and heal, but they were wrong.

The rain merely got heavier, and it matched with the decision you just made. It would change your life, but you had made up your mind. You suddenly sprung up from beside the window, pulling your suitcase out from under your bed. You opened it quickly and ran to your closet. Out of all the things you had been given or had bought, you picked out all the ones that had a sticker on the tags labeled "TS". Once you grabbed those, you tried to be neat and quick with shoving it into your suitcase. You added toiletries and a couple of your old sketchbooks and drawings, then zipped the suitcase up. You hauled it onto the ground and then hurried out of the building. Your room was close to the ground floor for safety reasons so it was easy to leave undetected.

At least, you thought you weren't being watched. Someone was standing in the shadowed area of the lobby floor. Steve was there, watching with concerned eyes. He was in the lobby for a reason he had forgotten now, but now he was following you quickly outside. You had exited the doors when he finally got his feet moving to try and catch up with you.

"(Y/N)!" he yelled as you were heading further into the rain. Before you turned around, you thought about your appearance. You didn't want your face to had evidence of crying all over it. The tears from up above mixed with your own on your face, making it nearly impossible to tell the difference between the two.

You turned around fully now, and Steve had just gotten up to you. His arms went to your shoulders, but you took a step backwards. "What do you want Captain Rogers?" you asked harshly. He flinched slightly at the tone of your voice, but otherwise carried on.

"Well I still want you to call me Steve, and I want to know where you're going in the rain, this late, and with a suitcase full of stuff," Steve explained. You sighed and looked at your feet. This was inevitable, you already knew that. You just hoped you wouldn't have to explain it to...him.

"Look Steve. I'd really rather not talk about it." The an reached for you again but you took another step back, and this time he didn't bother to try and hide the hurt on his face. His crystal blue orbs met your (y/e/c) ones. They held concern and fear, as well as a bit of something else that you couldn't figure out fast enough. "I've got to go," you said quickly and quietly, but his super soldier ears picked up on it easily. Once again his arm tried to reach for you, but you had turned on your heel and picked up your suitcase.

Steve watched helplessly as your figure disappeared slowly into the crying night sky.

He hurried inside to get the rest of the team, but when he entered the building they all came out of the elevators and stairs. "Cap! Did you get to her? Where is she?" Tony started firing questions at the already sad blond man.

"Tony...I'm so sorry. I tried to stop her, but she vanished before I could get a word in," Steve lied to Tony. Steve knew as soon as those words left his mouth he shouldn't of lied to Tony. The man's daughter just up and left without any words being exchanged to anyone. Well, except for Steve, and that's only because he was staring out the window in the lobby to watch the rain. Offered a much better spot for sketching.