Lost & Found

This is a part 2 of 'Too Good For You' and was requested by Natalia_1010 and Lalelu10001
This was requested a long time ago, I just totally forgot so I hope you still remember me! And I hope you enjoy!

2016

It hadn't been easy, but Bucky decided he could trust Steve enough to accept his offer of housing in the Avengers Compound. Then, after a particularly horrid nightmare, he absolutely needed to talk to Steve... and Tony.

"Buck, what's happening? It's three in the morning," Steve said as the former Winter Soldier held onto his arm and dragged him over to where Tony was. Unsurprisingly, he was awake and working away at something in the lab.

The two soldiers burst into the lab, scaring Tony into dropping the tool in his hand. It landed on the metal table with a clang. "What the hell?" he mumbled, a hand over his heart as he took a labored breaths. "You can't just come in here, guns a-blazing whenever you want, Barnes."

"I need to talk to you. Both of you. I... I remembered something." The billionaire looked at the other two and nodded. They moved over to a conference room connected to the lab and closed the door.

Steve and Tony sat immediately, while Bucky hesitated and held a frown on his face. "What's wrong, Buck?" Steve asked quietly. He knew his best friend better than most. He knew something was really eating away at him.

Finally he sat down, a couple chairs away on the same side as Steve. "I had dream, but it wasn't a dream it was me remembering something. I don't... I don't know how to..."

Tony was lost as to why he was needed there. "I'm sorry, what does this have todo with me?" he asked. It was a little less annoyed than how he felt, knowing this was a sensitive situation.

Bucky made eye contact with him. "It has to do with your parents," he whispered. That shut Tony right up. "I... I wanted to tell you both. Because you have a right to know and you..." Bucky trailed off, looking at Steve.

It was the unspoken "she was your girl" that hung in the air for a bit too long.

"So, um, what was the dream- or memory?" Tony asked. He had suspicions, but he needed the confirmation.

He froze up again, because this wasn't something one would just say as if it were a simple "oh, I got milk" kind of thing. It was something that was going to affect a lot.

A second later, Bucky took in a deep breath. "I was sent on a mission on December 16, 1991. To kill (Y/n) and Howard Stark," he started. His voice was quiet, but loud enough for everyone else.

Tony sucked in a breath and felt his hand clench into a fist atop the table. Steve was also reeling from the answer, but kept a tab on Tony to make sure he didn't try to kill Bucky. It was terrible news to receive, Steve understood that, but he wasn't going to let one of his friends kill another.

"I'm sorry," Bucky said, making eye contact with Tony again. The billionaire saw the sorrow in the other's eyes, knew that wasn't a lie, but it still stung greatly. "But..."

Tony nearly shot up from his seat. "What kind of 'but' comes after a statement like that, Barnes?" he nearly yelled. Steve sat up, too, ready to intervene.

"I didn't finish the mission."

Silence. Tony blink several times before responding. "What do you mean 'didn't finish'? Everyone saw the headline that the Starks were dead, leaving behind their son- me. So what the hell are you talking about?"