Assassin Part One

(I'm so sorry this took so long!)

Assassin Part One

young!reader

Clint and Natasha were walking around the crowded New York streets, minding their own business. On their days off, the pair just liked to hang out and talk about the farm, like best friends would. Today was starting out like no other, until the strangest thing happened.

"I'm telling you Nat, we really did think he was going to be a girl! And look, we still named the new kid after you!" Clint tried to reason. He knew Nat half grudges for the longest time, but he didn't expect her to hold a grudge about this.

"Clint, we shouldn't be yelling. We are out in public. And my name is not Nathaniel," the red-haired assassin replied cooly. She was completely calm, and drinking a coffee, while Clint was trying everything not to have a grudge held against him. As they were chatting, a little girl walked up to them, and tapped on Clint's leg. They two stopped their arguing and looked at the little girl that tapped his leg.

"Why hello there," Clint said kindly. He knelt down to the little girl's level and smiled at her, Nat following in suit. "Can we help you?" he asked her.

The little girl looked at the pair with her (e/c) eyes and pushed her (h/c) hair out of her face, which showed off a purple bruise on the side of her head. Then she started looking through her little backpack for something.

"Sweetheart, what happened?" Nat asked, appalled by the big, ugly bruise on the side of this sweet girl's face. She reached out to gently touch it, and look at it in closer detail. The girl finally pulled something out of her bag.

A fat stack of cash. It looked to be about 200 dollars in 10s and 20s. "I need a favor," the little girl said. Nat and Clint exchanged looks with each other, before looking back at the girl handing them the money.

"What do you need sweetie?" Nat asked her.

"I need you to kill my dad."

The two assassins looked at each other, eyes wide in horror. Why would a sweet, innocent looking girl like this one ask to kill her own father? The pair started putting the pieces together. "Why?" Clint finally asked.

"Because he hurts me and my little sister. When my mom and dad divorced, my mom took my sister, and I was left with my dad. I have no clue where they went. The government thinks they changed their names and have disappeared into hiding. So it's me and my alcoholic dad, who's a jerk," the little girl said. Clint and Nat looked at each other, shocked beyond belief.

"He gave you that, didn't he?" Nat asked, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists at her side. The little girl nodded, then held the money out to them.

"I stole this from my dad," she said.

"Hold on, we're going to talk for a second," Clint told the little girl. She nodded. "By the way," Clint continued, "What's your name?"

"(Y/N)" you responded.

"How old are you?" Nat asked this time.

"10," you responded.

The pair looked at each other once again, before starting a very hushed conversation. You stood there, fidgeting with the things in your hand, which was your drunk father's money you stole. He probably stole it from someone else, to be honest. The two were still talking, but neither raised their voice nor made gestures, so you were lost as to what they might be saying.

After about a couple minutes, Nat turned to you first, and you extended the money forwards again. Nat took it and then dropped it back into your backpack, then zipped it up and handed it back to you.