Secrets Revealed Part 3

You woke up sometime later, still against Dr. Banner, and yawned. He shifted against you and you figured he must've fallen asleep as well. After you regained your senses in full, you looked around the hallway and realized that your godmother and the other Avengers are still arguing downstairs.

"So, Dr. Banner, it seems that they're still downstairs talking. Do you think they'll ever stop talking- sorry, arguing?" you asked him.

He looked down the stairs, as if contemplating something, then looked back at you. "Knowing Steve and Tony and Carol, they'll never stop arguing if the opportunity arose. We should go down there and see what's going on now," he said. You nodded and the two of you got up, stretched, and started going down the hallway. "And you can call me Bruce, by the way."

"Okay, Bruce. Do you know what they're arguing about?" you asked him.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, they're arguing over what to do with you. Carol wants you to stay here and live the most normal life you can, arguing that your parents would've wanted it like that. The others, Steve being the most vocal, want you to come to an Avengers facility to train your powers and understand them, also arguing that's what your parents would've wanted."

It was your turn to sigh, and you looked at your feet sadly as the two of you got to the bottom of the stairs and got closer to the yelling adults. You two turned a corner and saw the giant group standing in the living room yelling and pointing around.

"Hey!" you yelled out. They were all surprised to hear your voice and stopped yelling to look at you and Bruce standing there. He awkwardly messed with his hands and moved to sit down. "I doubt you guys have come to a conclusion? You know, about my life without my input?" you asked them. You knew how you worded it, and it was very intentional.

Carol glared at Steve once more before looking over at you. "Yes, we've been arguing about your future. You asked for alone time, so we gave it to you," she said.

"So that immediately means to discuss the rest of my life as if I'm some sort of object?" you yelled out. Your godmother looked startled at the sudden tone you used. "It's like my opinion and my life don't matter to you guys. You're just here arguing about what you guys should do with the rest of my life.

"And you know, I don't know what I want. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I'm just a kid how am I supposed to know. But at the same time, I do know. But you want to know who for sure doesn't know what I want?" There was a silence. "You guys. None of y'all can be sure as to what I want so why are you yelling and arguing like you do?"

Your rant was finally over and you took a deep breath. At this point, nearly all of their heads were down and looking at the floor in a sort of shame. "Sorry," someone mumbled within the group, but you couldn't tell who. You sat down in the nearest chair and crossed your arms.

"So, what are my choices?" you asked.

Carol and Steve shared looks with each other, and it looked like they were communicating silently with their eyes. Your godmother sighed and looked to you. "Stay here and live as normal of a life as you can, like going to school and hanging out with your friends-"

"Or coming to the Avengers facility in upstate New York to train and understand your powers." the Captain said, cutting into your godmother's sentence. She gave him a small glare and then looked back to you.

You looked over at Bruce who was enthralled by the buttons on the bottom of his shirt. "So," you said, getting Bruce's attention. "You were right about what they were arguing about. Almost word for word too." He smiled slightly and you chuckled to yourself. The you looked back at the other 'adults' with a serious expression. "So I can ignore the side of me that came from my parents, or I can be trained like some sort of superhero that I don't want to be?" you asked.