Sweethearts Part Two

A/n: Please go read part one before proceeding!

Again, this will be a genderneutral!reader.

This was also requested by iamKhrfan123, so I hope you enjoy this!

You were in town for a couple weeks for the MIT reunion. At first, you imagined you would just revisit some of your favorite spots from your college days, maybe check out surrounding areas, or even see what was new.

But then Tony came back into your life. While you were extremely hesitant at first, considering your relationship with him didn't end very well, it actually went great.

At first, you were going to have dinner with him the following night. But then it worked out with neither of your schedules, so he asked about the upcoming Thursday night. It worked, and so that was the plan.

He made a reservation at this fancy Italian place called Giulia. You looked up the menu the night before and it seemed like a really nice place, so you dressed to the nines. You put on some of the nicest clothes you had in your suitcase and spent more time than you ever had before on your hair to make sure there were no flyaways or cowlicks ruining your look.

About half an hour before the reservation, you were all ready to go. The hotel got a taxi for you and you were on the way to your first date with Tony in about thirty years. Nervous was an understatement.

Tony was working away at the compound. He set an alarm to go off about two hours before he had to leave on his jet for his reservation. So really, he was only trying to keep his mind occupied so he didn't freak out.

He was so worried about having to reschedule the original date, worried you'd think he was the same idiot kid from MIT. When you said that that night didn't work for you, either, he was so relieved.

Giulia was a place his parents had taken him once when they came down for a weekend. While the memory itself wasn't one he held onto dearly, the place stuck out to him.

When trying to think of a great place to take you, that name came back up in his head, so he went ahead and booked a table. He put in a pretty good word, too, and got a table further away from other patrons.

The door to the lab opened, causing Tony to glance up from his busy work and then back down. "What's up?" he asked. He figured Sam probably needed something, but didn't want to outright say 'no' if it wasn't too much of a hassle.

"Hey, man, I hate to interrupt but I was hoping you could check out my wings? I was flying out there and something feels off," he said.

Tony shook his head. "Sorry, not today. I've got extremely important plans this evening and I can't get distracted or buried in a time consuming project," Tony replied. "Maybe tomorrow, though. Think you can hang on that long?"

"Yeah, for sure. Whatcha got going on?" Sam asked, taking a seat on a stool across from Tony.

There was some hesitation, but then he sighed. No point in lying, he just didn't need to go into the full backstory. "A date. In Boston, someone from the reunion I went to," Tony answered, deciding that was a perfect enough explanation.

Sam, however, absolutely needed to know more. "Really? Is it someone you knew from school or did you just meet them? Oh! What's their name? And where are you going because you will probably need to change no matter wherever you end up."

The bombardment of questions had Tony wanting to put up his walls. He kept reminding himself that Sam is a teammate, and possibly an acquaintance. Friend was pushing it. He was being friendly, showing interest and that he cared.