Down By the Bay

Down By the Bay

*Warning, it gets graphic in the flashback (italics). Warning you now. Might be triggering*

It's been so long since the lake incident. 15 years, yet you carry around the results like a tattoo. Permanent. Forever.

You joined the Avengers last week as an assistant to Tony Stark, and that's the most you wanted. Sure, you could kill someone with a nod of your head, a snap of your fingers, or even a little smile. That would be it for the unlucky victim. But no, you never want to use your powers. They were so powerful, you could do almost anything with them.

Right now, you were hurrying into your pencil skirt and white blouse, trying not to be late to work. It was only your 8th day; you weren't about to be late for it. Finally you managed to get into your outfit without a black bra this time, and moved onto getting your feet into your uncomfortable, but classy, black heels. Mr. Stark's dress code made you want to break his ankle sometimes, because that's what you'd do in these heels.

When you finally managed to get everything on, you hurried out the door to head to work, grabbing an orange on your way. You'd buy something else if you needed to. Your black Michael Kors bag was packed and in front of the door so you wouldn't forget it. Inside, your wallet, laptop, important files, and other things you needed rested, and they were all necessary for work. Finally, after grabbing everything, you popped out of your apartment building.

The street was full like usual, but you managed to get into the groove of the crowd to head to Stark Tower. On your way, you stopped and grabbed a Chocolatey Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks. You'd need some sort of energy, and you hated coffee, so this was the next best thing to you. Once you got back into the mass of humans, you finally got to the entrance of Stark Tower.

You walked into the beautiful lobby and waved a little hello to the secretary at the front desk, Barbra. You hurried to the elevator and got up to the floor you needed to be on.

The 60th floor, one of Tony Stark's personal business floors. You were stationed outside his office door so you could intercept anyone who tried to waltz in. Only Pepper, Happy, and the Avengers were allowed inside the room without an appointment. It was nice, especially because you saw the Avengers a good bit, when they had to find Mr. Stark, or speak with him about a mission (that you totally never eavesdropped on), or anything else that came to their minds.

The elevator dinged, and you were out of there quickly. You got to your desk ad sat your tote bag down on it, before rounding the desk and sitting down. You pulled out the paperwork you had brought home the day before, and filed it away in one of your many desk drawers. Then , you retrieved your laptop and started looking over Mr. Stark's schedule. He usually came in at around 9:30, and it was currently 9:15, so you were waiting to make sure he knew about the things planned for today.

The elevator doors opened, and Mr. Stark as well as Ms. Maximoff appeared, heading into the office. Strange. It was now 9:16.

"Mr. Stark," you said, catching his attention. He looked at you and smiled, then stopped in front of your desk. Ms. Maximoff stopped next to him and studied you.

"Yes my lovely assistant (Y/N), who I've told many times to call me Tony?" he asked. You smiled lightly as he chuckled at his own reply.

"I am too professional to do that sir. Your schedule today isn't too full, mostly the afternoon. You have lunch at 1:10 with Ms. Potts, then after that you have a meeting with Captain Rogers about your most recent mission at around 3:00, which takes up the ret of the afternoon. I skipped over your meeting with Ms. Maximoff because well, she's already here," you said, looking up from your laptop and smiling at the pair.