Oops?

Oops?

teenage!reader— thought I'd start putting these back up here since I noticed my readers span the ages and someone mentioned they liked these so yeah

Working for Tony Stark was a literally dream come true, especially since you worked with Spiderman AKA your bestest friend on the whole planet, Peter. He managed to get Mr. Stark to hire you as an actual employee- not an intern- after talking about your engineering skills.

So many amazing things had come from this job, like meeting some of the Avengers (and even helping a couple, too), meeting a literal king and princess, and you had some really great health care stuff. Mr. Stark also managed to have the school give you a certain schedule so you were able to get to the tower at a good time. He's seen a lot of your skills, and values it especially from someone young.

But, other than some friends and your foster mom, nobody knew about this to-die-for job. It wasn't much of a conscious decision, you just didn't really tell people to avoid being seen as arrogant and braggy. Nobody really believed Peter and his Stark Internship, and you really didn't want to go down that road- especially with your foster brother, Flash. You two didn't have the greatest relationship out there.

You were thinking about Flash again as you walked into the Stark Tower. Mr. Stark had let you in on a small secret that he was selling the famous landmark but he didn't tell you who had bought it.

Ignoring thoughts of your foster brother, you reminded yourself of today's mission: finish the prototypes so the labs can get cleared.

People stared at you as you walked by, which was no surprise. Only the regular employees knew you exactly and didn't care about your presence. The other people in the lobby, wearing their business suits and expensive watches, were very confused to see a teenager in jeans and a t-shirt holding up their security badge to the scanners.

You got into the elevator, thankfully alone, and brought out your phone to text Peter. He had one more class left- well, twenty minutes of it- and he'd come by the tower to hang out with you. Apparently, King T'Challa and Princess Shuri were also coming in today.

Shuri was amazing and totally not what you thought a princess would be like. She was a true Gen Z with you and Peter, causing you guys to be a seriously chaotic trio that gave Mr. Stark nightmares.

The elevator doors opened up and you hurried out to get to the lab. Prototype building time. Once Shuri gets here, you'll lose all focus and work motivation. Okay, honestly, once Peter gets here you'll lose all focus. These next 30~ minutes were very valuable.

"Hey kid," a voice called out as you entered the lab.

You glanced up at Mr. Stark and smiled. "Hey Mr. Stark. Working on something down here today?" you asked him as you got to your unofficial area of the lab.

He shrugged. "Just going over some stuff with the royals when they get here." You nodded and set all your school stuff down and got your fancy lab coat you insisted on having put on. "I already know the second the other kids get here you're going to lose all focus so you better get engineering," Mr. Stark then said.

You laughed and got one of your projects out from a shelf. "I'd argue but you're 100% correct." Mr. Stark chuckled as well, then the two of you went into your own headspace and got working.

Just as you thought, 30 minutes later Peter comes through the door. "Hey Mr. Stark! Hey (Y/n)!" he called out to the both of you. Mr. Stark nodded and you looked up and smiled at him. "What are we working on today?"

"Well, I hope you mean that we are actually going to work on it. I've got deadlines, you know, and Shuri's coming so I just want to get as much done as possible right away," you rambled as you clicked a piece into place.