Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

The Avengers went on many different kinds of missions, from taking down hidden Hydra bases to dealing with threats that arose and were big enough to need the power of the Avengers. Hardly was there ever a mission big enough for the whole group to go.

Well, today was that day.

"Do we know what we're dealing with?" you asked, grabbing your arsenal of weapons and comms device.

Steve shook his head. "An enhanced individual is all we know. The details are few because hardly anyone can get close to this guy without getting the bad end of the stick."

"I'm sorry," Tony asked, turning around in the pilot's chair. "What does 'bad end of the stick' even mean?"

Another shake of the head, this time accompanied with a sigh. "I wish I could say. Whatever it is, we have to be prepared, okay?"

There was a collective agreement before the door opened and everyone fanned out. You were paired with Natasha and Clint, watching some of the tight corners. Tony and Vision took on watching the skies. Steve and Wanda were going to try and get the dude first, and hope he didn't escape.

Hulk smashed, and was ready to smash the guy if needed. Overall, it was a lot of people for one guy. This was a pretty bad dude.

"Hey, what's happening?" you asked, everyone being radio silent for too long. You shared a quick look with Natasha and then Clint.

"We have- we have an issue!"

Steve's strained voice was all that was needed to get everyone running into the building. What you didn't know, was it was a trap.

Moments after arriving into the building, your sight went dark and you crashed to the ground. Everything sounded muffled and there was a high pitched ringing. You were breathing heavy and could feel the hard ground on your back.

After gathering your thoughts, you blinked rapidly and found your vision clearing up. "What the..." you mumbled, sitting up carefully and rubbing the ack of your head.

You looked to your right and saw Natasha sitting up as well. "What the hell happened?" you asked her.

She turned to you and gave you a funny look. "Pochemu ty govorish' na frantsuzskom?"

However, you didn't understand a word she just spoke. "Huh?" Many thoughts raced through your head, thinking maybe you ended up with a concussion and that's why her words just sounded garbled to you.

"Frantsuzskiy. Ty govorish' po-frantsuzski. Pochemu tak slozhno ponyat'..." Nat asked, sighing and looking around the room at the others.

Still, nothing worked. "Natasha, I genuinely cannot understand you right now," you said.

She thought for a second, then something clicked- you could see it on her face. "YA govoryu po-russki. Der'mo. Pochemu ya ne mogu pereklyuchit'sya..." Natasha mumbled to herself. Again, it was all gibberish to you.

"Ugh, che diavolo...?" The new voice caused you to turn your head and see who else woke up. It was Tony, and he also made no sense. "Quello che è successo? Dove è andato?" A couple words felt vaguely right, but you were still confused.

"What?" you asked.

He gave you a funny look. "Cosa?"

Natasha, off to the side, started standing up and going over to others. She helped a waking Wanda up to her feet. "Ty v poryadke?"

Wanda nodded. "Áno, cítim sa dobre. Čo sa stalo?"

You looked over at the girls. "Wait a second, you can understand each other?" you asked. How could they but not the rest of you?