April Fools Day (feat. The Avengers)

I thought this would be perfect for today! Hope you guys like it :)

Happy April Fools Day!

When you woke up, you could already feel something happening. Like Peter, you had a sort of "sixth sense" that came with your powers. And it told you something was off.

It didn't take long for you to remember it was April Fool's Day, and already you were planning to stay in your room all day. And it would work- you had a bathroom, a TV, and a stash of snacks that would keep you alive for the day.

You rolled over to the side of the bed you kept your snacks at and froze. The popcorn bucket you deemed you "Snack Stash" was empty, say for a few pieces of candy.

That moment was also when you remembered how you and Clint hung out in your room a few days ago and had a movie binge session, where you both devoured all of your snacks.

Fear gripped you. This meant you had to go out of your safe haven and enter the danger zone.

Okay, so this might all sound super dramatic, and you people might be thinking this is dumb, but I can assure you- the Avengers don't just play pranks. They start wars. Every attempt to ban pranks from the facility fell flat. There was nothing anyone could do but hope they make it through the day.

Some areas have been marked as completely off limits, including bedrooms and the hangar- in case a mission were to pop up. A prank going off in the hanger could lead to disaster. Scratch that- it has, in fact, led to disaster.

That's why you wanted to stay in your room. But it was too late. If you had remembered the day before, you would have restocked your stash and been perfectly fine.

The damage, sadly, has already been done. You had to go outside the safe haven and hope you made it back to your room the same way you left. Hopefully completely intact and not covered in something.

You didn't even bother getting dressed, thinking it would waste time. All you did was put on a pair of "house" shoes and take a deep breath.

"Go time," you whispered. Suddenly, you had thrown your door open and were hurrying away to the kitchen to grab a bottle of Dr. Pepper and a bag of chips. That would imply have to suffice for the day.

Unfortunately for you, you were running at nearly full speed. Fortunately for the literal children hiding behind the couch, you were going at nearly full speed. You never saw the cling wrap coming.

It was perfectly placed, right at your face level. It was hung up pretty strong, too, so when you suddenly got a face full of plastic, you almost immediately landed flat on your back.

You laid on the ground, groaning in pain, and that's when you heard the laughing. Despite the fact that you were extremely winded, probably bruised, the others would not stop cracking up.

"Oh my god are you okay?" Sam asked as he laughed his way over to you. You groaned in response, but accepted Sam's extended hand. "I did not expect you to come sprinting in here to fast, I'm so sorry."

Your bones ached. "Uh huh," you grumbled. You continued your journey to grabbing your snacks and then left the kitchen and the laughing children behind. They would never see the prank war coming.

Back in your room, you had to start planning. They could not get away with that. They wouldn't.

First, you planned to start out small. Little things that would make them think you got your revenge and you were good now. Sam would open his locker in the gym and out would pour fake bugs- the man was terrified of bugs. That would get a good laugh, but nothing too serious.

Then, of course, there was Peter. The kid loved the candy all around the tower. So you'd replace every last bit of it with foods he didn't like. Lettuce, raisins, black licorice. Another seemingly harmless prank.

Your next one was a bit meaner... See, you have some experience with Photoshop that you only ever used for funny and nefarious reasons. Today's nefarious reason: get back at Tony. No, he wasn't involved with the cling wrap prank. But he'd been pissing you off the last few days, so he gets to feel some wrath.

After working your magic on a particularly hilarious photo, you "leaked" it to social media via your secret Twitter account. This might reveal it to the other Avengers, but you had a couple other backups you could work with.

Once that was done, you only had one last prank to plan: Clint. His would have to be good. To do it, however, meant venturing out to the common area for longer than my previous stints. This would be risky, but you had to do it if you wanted to exact the perfect revenge.

You snuck out very quietly, and made sure to hide yourself well. Everything was going so well, and you were getting everything set up.

Right as you were finishing the rigging, you heard a beeping. Than, "Five... four... three... two... one..."

You dove under a coffee table just as the countdown finished and braced for impact. Suddenly, you felt... cold. But also wet? You opened your eyes and saw white everywhere. You reached out to feel it and felt... shaving cream.

Carefully, you crawled out from under the coffee table and saw the people who triggered the shaving cream. You decided you had been so good at sneaking around, the sensors had missed you.

Sam, Clint, Wanda, and Natasha were all standing in the doorway, head-to-toe covered in shaving cream. At least you were only getting partially covered because you had to dig your way through it.

You moved to stand up on the coffee table to get a better look at everything. "What the hell?" you asked, looking around at the completely covered common room. It was like a winter storm blew through the common room, without the cold temps.

You looked over to the ones who triggered the shaving cream bomb. Sam was wiping it off his face. Natasha had turned and walked away. Wanda was laughing. Clint had his sights set on you.

With a sigh, you wiped some shaving cream off of yourself. "This is just great. I was so ready to just... be in my room all day but all my damn snacks were gone because... of... our..."

You trailed off and finally, the realization sunk you. Making direct eye contact with Clint, you saw the truth in his eyes. "You bastard," you whispered. You had been betrayed.

He smirked. "Took you long enough to realize. I'd been planning your demise for weeks. I set it in motion the night I suggested we do the binge watch."

At first, you could only feel betrayed. But then, determination flooded your system. Your gaze turned cold, and you knew what you had to do. The casualties along the way would simply have to be.

You held up the remote in your hand. "Karma's a bitch."

Clint's eyes widened, and that was the last thing you saw before the common room yet again exploded. This time, rainbow glitter filled the air. All the air cannons you had set up faced the doorway Clint was standing in. It was almost too perfect.

When the glitter settled, you were the only one sparkle-less. The shaving cream only made things so much better.

Feeling satisfied with your revenge, you hopped off the table and used a different exit to get back to your room. Once you were in with the door closed, you settled into your bed with your newly retrieved and stolen snacks.

As you laid in bed, you sung under quietly to yourself.

"Karma's a relaxing thought, aren't you envious that for you it's not..."

~Fin~

A/n: I am so sorry that this is late, it's been a weekend and I'm actually doing this in the middle of my Zoom class, so tee hee. Anyway, hope you guys like it!

If you are curious about my Fanfic google form (that is all anonymous), please let me know! I've found it easier to send the usable link instead of having to put it in here for people to copy and paste. It would mean a lot to me if you guys gave me some of your opinions!

See you next week Lovelies!!!!!!!!