Hold On

This is a request from mushroom_queen14 and it's based off the song by Chord Overstreet of the same name! I hope you guys enjoy :)

TW: This imagine will deal with heavy topics like an attempt on life. Seriously, this isn't a light chapter. Do not feel like you have to read this if it's too much, and know I am absolutely hear to listen if you ever just wanna talk.

It was a normal day. You woke up, went on your run, grabbed some breakfast, showered, and changed into some lounging clothes- leggings and a hoodie. At first, you thought about sitting and reading a book for the day. That was always a good day.

But as you were trying to figure out which book you wanted to power through today, you stopped and thought about Tony. Usually on these kinds of days, he'd be doing something in his lab then come upstairs and take a nap with you, then he'd wake up and distract you enough from your book and convince you to watch a movie with him.

As much as you loved that process, you thought about starting the day with him. Maybe binge a favorite trilogy or something.

So, you left and started going to the lab. You hummed something along the way. The day had barely even started and you were already in a good mood.

"Tony?" you called out as you entered his lab. To your shock, it was empty. "Hmm."

You turned around and left, checking his room next. Maybe he was really slow getting out of bed this morning. You've had those days, too. He had a TV in his room, you'd be happy with doing the movie watching in there.

When you got to his room, you knocked on his door. "Tony?" you called out, a little more gently than you did earlier. When there was no answer, you carefully opened the door. "Tony?"

His bed was empty. Is wasn't made, though, so he'd been in it. Some days you'd find his bed neat and made, meaning he'd fallen asleep somewhere else. Usually his lab.

You entered the room fully and looked around. "Tony?" you tried again, louder. Your eyes landed on the bathroom door, which was shut.

Repeating what you did at his bedroom door, you waited to hear any sort of movement. Nothing. You were starting to get unsettled, so you tried the doorknob and found it locked. This definitely did not make you feel any better.

"Shit, Tony, you better not have fallen asleep in there with the door locked," you mumbled. That was certainly it. Nothing else.

You got down on your stomach and looked under the crack in the door. What you was was Tony's back to you. Meaning he was also on the floor.

There was something else that unsettled you, though.

You sprung back up to your feet and pounded on the door. "Tony!" Nothing was budging. Panic was setting in faster and faster. You started body slamming the door, and could feel it start to move.

"Come on, come on, come on," you panicked.

The door finally gave out, and swung open to show you the scene before you. Tony was laying on the floor, blood surrounding him, the weapon of choice laying nearby.

You screamed. A blood curdling kind of scream. The kind you hear in horror movies. The kind that gives people chills and haunts their nightmares.

Dropping to your knees, you rolled him towards you and held him close. "No, no, no, no, please God no, Tony, no, no, no," you begged. The tears were cascading down your face in a way that made you think it would never stop. You put the side of your head to his chest and could hear the weak heartbeat still trying.