Champagne Problems pt. 2

Champagne Problems Part 2

Again, Spiderman No Way Home spoilers

Italics mean flashback

Aunt May got me this journal years ago, after Uncle Ben died. She told me it would be a good place for me to privately process feelings if I didn't feel ready to go to her. I never thought I'd use it, but here I am. Maybe it's because this dumb book is all I've got. I can't talk to anyone else about anything I'm going through, so I guess this finally comes in handy.

I don't know if it makes sense to introduce myself to paper but I'm Peter Parker, AKA Spiderman. Nearly six months ago the entire world found out that I was a superhero and then months later I got Doctor Strange to make everyone to forget about that and forget about me entirely to save the world- the multiverse, really.

But I regret it. I regret so many things.

MJ and Ned have no idea who I am. My last tie to Tony doesn't know I ever existed. My aunt is gone. And I made the biggest fuck up in my life.

I met (Y/n) years ago when we ran into each other- literally. The homecoming posters she was hanging up went everywhere and I helped her pick them all up. From there, we smiled at each other in the halls, waved, she gave me gum. We kind of just became friends through stuff like that. She and Ned were friends, too. And when MJ joined us she was friends with her, too. She was just so awesome. I saw her as another best friend. Our junior year we decided together as a group of 4 to be roommates in college and that we'd apply to all the same ones, dream school and backups.

It was awesome until the space donut showed up. And I had to go off and fight Thanos and lose. I disappeared for 5 years and then came back on the same planet I had left. It didn't even feel like that long. I thought I had passed out and then woke back up until the wizard told me the truth. I don't even know how he knew.

When I went back home after fighting Thanos again and losing Tony... I was so happy to see all of them. I was so happy to (Y/n), and she was happy to see me. We all cried a little when we saw each other again.

And yet, I'm a terrible person. During our school Europe trip "Fury" got me to help with this fake elemental plot and this guy who I thought was great, Quentin. Then he became a backstabber and ruined my whole life. If he weren't dead, I would've killed him myself when I saw the news.

'Peter Parker is Spiderman' splattered across everything.

What ruined my life was the fact that I never told her. I never told (Y/n). And she was so mad- she was beyond pissed. I don't even know if there's a word to describe how much she hated me. Do I blame her? No, how could I... I had been lying to her when MJ and Ned and Aunt May and all the other people I'm close to knew. She was the only one and she was hurt. I never really realized how hurt she was because I didn't know the full story. I didn't know anything. Not until it was too late.

The plan was risky, but it was all we had. Peter 2 and Peter 3 reassured me a hundred times but that wasn't what I was worried about.

"Peter, I'm going to be fine! Ned's going to have a portal open next to me so that way whenever my part is done with, I can be back in the science room safe and sound. I'll be okay!" she kept insisting. This was the fourth time we've talked about this.

"Besides," she continued, "there's no going back. I'm already in position so you might as well get ready to fight, too."

I still hesitated. "You're one of my best friends, (Y/n), so please understand that I am a little worried about you being out here in the fight."

She smiled and gave me a hug. "I'll be okay, Peter. Really. And if anything happens, Ned's always got the ring thing to make a portal for me to get out, okay?"