Thanksgiving Special

Thanksgiving with the Avengers

You were new on team, you hadn't even been there for six months yet, but you already felt like you were part of the Avengers family. This upcoming Thursday was Thanksgiving, and at first you didn't know if they celebrated. If they didn't, you'd just go out to a restaurant that serves turkey and stuff. You'd go to your parents and sibling's for Thanksgiving, but they sorta disowned you when they found out about your powers. So, they weren't an option.

It was currently Monday, and you were just chilling on the couch in the living room, watching Friends on Netflix. Little by little, the other Avengers joined you in watching the comedy. The last person was Clint, and he looked miserable. Well, more than usual.

"Dang Clint. Have you had coffee yet?" you playfully asked. He nodded and plopped himself on the couch next to you and Nat. "Then what's wrong?" you asked him.

"Laura just called and said all the kids are really sick, and doesn't want me to get sick either. She said she doesn't want me to get sick and then get called on a mission. This all leads to the fact that our Thanksgiving plans are canceled," Clint summarized. You patted his shoulder comfortingly and Nat grabbed his hand and squeezed it. Poor Clint barely got to see his family anyways, but now he can't for the holidays.

"I'm really sorry Clint," you said, giving him a little side hug. Tony suddenly perked up and looked at everyone with wide eyes. He was about to say something when Thor interrupted.

"What is this, Thanksgiving?" he asked. Tony took liberty in explaining.

"It's this holiday Americans celebrate on the second to last Thursday of every November. It marks the day that the pilgrims who first came to this place made peace with the natives here, and they all had this huge meal together. That brings me to my next point," Tony said. We were all listening to the man.

"Why don't we have a group Thanksgiving here? It's this Thursday and I'm pretty sure none of you really have any other plans so..." he trailed off and looked at everyone, his arms spread out like he had just presented a new invention.

"Sounds better than my original plans of going somewhere random and eating food, so I'm in. I'll even help cook," you offered. Bruce looked at you.

"Wait," he started. "Don't you have a family who is still alive though?" he asked you.

You shrugged. "They disowned me when they figured out I could burn them all alive, especially when I was newer to my powers. Got kicked out and everything. But, I don't really care anymore. Their loss, not mine," you explained simply. Everyone nodded.

Wanda stood up. "I'll also help cook. And I'm sure FRIDAY will be able to help as well. And Vis," Wanda suggested. You nodded at her and also stood up, waking a dozing Peter next to you.

"We just need to go out today and get groceries. If not, it's likely all the stuff will be gone by Wednesday. What do you guys want?" you asked the group. Instantly, food requests were thrown out at you.

"Turkey, duh!"

"Mashed potatoes!"

"Stuffing pleeeeease!"

"Uh, I'll be with Aunt May, but pumpkin pie is an essential for Thanksgiving."

"What about gravy?"

"Can we have something healthy?"

"Really Steve?"

After a couple minutes of you and Wanda getting a list together of the foods, you went online to find recipes for said foods, then created another list for the ingredients to said foods. By the end of it, you had spent an hour on all of it, and had a paper (front and back) full of different ingredients. The two of you checked around to see if y'all had any of the things already, and managed to strike off two things.